Locked Player properties which allow race selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi, i've seen that in loads of maps but i cant to make it work in my map, If i leave player's settings unloacked they can change the colour(which i dont want them to do, due to identification command which is tied to colours) and when i lock their settings they cant choose anything and race is locked at random even if i chose "selectable".

Level 11
You can use triggers at the start to reset everyone's colors to the default. Player - Change Color is the function name. Alternatively, you can get the player color through triggers and not rely on the slot number to identify people. There's a "Player Color" variable type you can define.

A further alternative is enabling player forces (Scenario -> Force settings). That will lock in color in the lobby, though may have other effects.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Dynamic colour commands would be the best solution as that keeps players free to customize their colours while still keeping the commands colour based and accurate.

How you implement it is to map colour string, eg "red" to a player colour constant. Then you search all appropriate players, stored in a player group, for one which matches the colour. That player is then the target of the command.

Level 14
Well i though about that for later(for now i still dont really want to do this becaue there are several heroes and units that have their colours set for differentation like Mal'Ganis is always green, Tichondrius is red and so on) but still i wanted to let people choose their gui and music, i seen even simple silly maps have it on, how to make it so?

Status
Not open for further replies.