• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lock body part facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Basically what I want to do is make my hero's head face left or right when I press left/right arrow keys. I've tried facing angles polar offsets etc. My camera in the game looks left/right when you use arrow keys and I thought it would be cool if your hero looked in that direction. I've tried using an invisible dummy unit that is always moved in front of your hero, but with no success. I can get this to work perfectly if my hero is facing north. Please test your suggestion before replying and thanks.

Turn Head
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Left Arrow key
Conditions
Actions
-------- This is just an example --------
Animation - Lock Hero[1]'s Head to face Hero[1]?, offset by (0.00?, 0.00?, 0.00?)

Level 6
Just make the dummy unit move to polar offset of cameras rotation and lock the units head to the dummy. I attached file for reference. Zoom and rotate camera it works.

I explain things bad just check the example in the attachment.

Last edited:
Level 6
OF COURSE! lol. I was trying create dummy at polar offset of hero right in front of him and using the body part facing's offsets to change which direction (those offsset always use north as a reference). Just wondering if this will work with a first person camera since its using current camera as the reference. I think it should. Thanks

Edit: I have this working now Moderators feel free to mark this as solved.
+rep for howl =D

Last edited:
Level 19
Why not making unit face to itself with polar offset instead of making dummy
(for polar offset: Cos(direction) for X and Sin(direction) for y)

Status
Not open for further replies.