• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Lock Around" View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Using GUI, is there a way to have it so once you activate... lets say "Look" ability, you can move your camera 360 degrees around base point. Basically so you can look in a full circle, but not move around, just locked in to looking in full circle till deactivating spell... how do I do something like this...

Level 6
No, sorry, I didn't explain it right...

There's a base point, lets just say above the unit "Bob" and you click ability either "Rotate Left" or "Rotate Right" and it will rotate by 60 degrees in the clicked direction or something.

Thats what i'm wondering how to do...

(Like if you've played WC3 Supreme Commander and you can go into that kind of "Free Fly" camera mode, but I just want to be able to look around, not go up and down and forward.)

No, sorry, I didn't explain it right...

There's a base point, lets just say above the unit "Bob" and you click ability either "Rotate Left" or "Rotate Right" and it will rotate by 60 degrees in the clicked direction or something.

Thats what i'm wondering how to do...

(Like if you've played WC3 Supreme Commander and you can go into that kind of "Free Fly" camera mode, but I just want to be able to look around, not go up and down and forward.)

I think you can still use it. just use the event, player starts the effect of an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.