• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little Minor Model Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello!

I want you to do few little models or model edits. I have a little Icy Troll Village in TCO, Chapter 8. I need to make it a little bit more unique so I need few models in order to do that.

Here's some very old pictures from the village. It's like 6 month ago or something.

57116d1244495606-icy-troll-village-icy-1.jpg

57117d1244495606-icy-troll-village-icy-2.jpg

57118d1244495606-icy-troll-village-icy-3.jpg

For every model/model edit I'll give you rep & credits.

1) I want you to take Blizzard's model "Igloo" and fill that stupid hole top of the model. I also want you to make it little bit higher, but not wide.
2) Secondly I want you to take that "Lanter Post" and put some snow to it so it looks snowy.
3) Can you do one simple "snowdrift" model? Just a small one.
4) Somekind of simple "Snow Statue"? Remember they are trolls! So make it troll like, will ya!?
5) Any other model/model edit that can improve this sexy village? Trolls need a good place to be!

Some useful paths:
Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Props\LanternPost\LanternPost
Doodads\Icecrown\Structures\Igloo\Igloo.mdl

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 49
Okay, so I tottally forgot about this... D:

Anyways, igloo thing. I tried and the UV wrap was really stretched. I tried to fix that, but failed horribly. Sorry. :(

...besides, there's a point in a hole in the igloo. I don't remember how or why, but we were told in class that this way it remains warmer inside... Or was it something to do with the fact that sometimes they put bonfires inside the igloos, thus the smoke has to come out through the hole.

Lantern Post... Can't this just be achieved through skinning, and the outcome would be MUCH better? I mean, what exactly is there to model in it?

Snowdrift, I'll work on it tomorrow. I'll even make a few variations.

Ice Sculpture would probably be the hardest, but I will try.

Level 37
debode said:
Okay, so I tottally forgot about this... D:

Anyways, igloo thing. I tried and the UV wrap was really stretched. I tried to fix that, but failed horribly. Sorry. :(

...besides, there's a point in a hole in the igloo. I don't remember how or why, but we were told in class that this way it remains warmer inside... Or was it something to do with the fact that sometimes they put bonfires inside the igloos, thus the smoke has to come out through the hole.
Yea but real life is real life and game is game. I at least need that hole filled up and just a little higher then.

debode said:
Lantern Post... Can't this just be achieved through skinning, and the outcome would be MUCH better? I mean, what exactly is there to model in it?
No need much of skinning, just add some snow or ice to that little model. To make it more like winter doodad.

debode said:
Snowdrift, I'll work on it tomorrow. I'll even make a few variations.

Ice Sculpture would probably be the hardest, but I will try.
Great!

Level 37
Kitabatake, that statues are pretty nice. Only complain is that the trolls aren't basic Warcraft III models but I guess this is okay. Thanks, rep!

debode, yeh, I guess that's alright. I don't remember what I was actually asking. I will put some of those to the village and we'll see if they fit! Thanks! Are you going to do more or...? Reps, reps, reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.