• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Mapping] List of native wcIII abilities

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
Sometimes we want to make same type (no target, require unit target, or require point target) of custom abilities in a single unit and we are confused wich native ability that we will use. It's sometimes troublesome since we can't use a same native abilities in a single unit. To prove it, let's make a test, add two "Shockwave" ability into a single unit. then try to cast it in-game. It will not work correctly. Sometimes, I got such a trouble like this too. But I have discovered some native abilities that can be nicely used to make custom abilities.

Test
Here, I have tested this before, I added a spell book ability with ability named "Carrion 1" into a unit, then I also added ability name "Carrion 2" directly into the same unit. Both abilities are basically the same as "Carrion Swarm". Then I create a trigger like
  • Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Carrion 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: a
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Carrion 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: b
        • Else - Actions
then I tried to test it in-game which the result is, the message shown was always "a", even if I casted "Carrion 2". That means that a same native abilities still cause problem even if they are given in a different page
I hope someone will help me to complete this list. At least this list will contain abilities that commonly used to make custom abilities.
NumbNameCategoryType
1Carrion Swarm/Crushing WaveUnit/HeroPoint
2InfernoHeroPoint
3Breath of FireUnit/HeroPoint
4Breath of FrostUnitPoint
5CycloneUnitPoint
Breath of Fire and Frost are special where they are under a same order string ("breathoffire") but still works okay when we added both abilities into a single unit I have found an order string named "breathoffrost" so both the abilities are considered as different
NumbNameCategoryType
1RoarUnitNo Target
2TauntUnitNo Target
3Battle RoarHeroNo Target
4Fan of KnivesHeroNo Target
5TranquilityHeroNo Target
6Feral Spirit/Spirit Beast/Summon MishaUnitNo Target
7VengeanceHeroNo Target
8Summon BearHeroNo Target
9Summon HawkHeroNo Target
10Summon Lava SpawnHeroNo Target
11Summon PrawnsHeroNo Target
12Summon QuilbeastHeroNo Target
13Summon Water ElementalHeroNo Target
If you find "/' in the list, that means those abilities are under the same order string, which means they are basically a same ability.

Commonly, if we use summoning native ability we can remove the summoned unit type by pressing "Shift+Enter" then just leave that field with "space" and change the "Number of summoned unit" to 0 by pressing "Shift+Enter" then leave the field with "0".
if we use no target abilities, we can remove the "Art- Caster, target, and special". Then set the "Targets allowed" to "none"
If you want to use "Tranquility" just change the "Stats - Effect" to "Bladestorm Caster" to make it casted without any "Rain" effect

I'm sorry if I can't regularly update this list :)
Please, drop comments below, is this thread could be useful or not? or maybe there is already other thread that contains the same contents too. Please tell me about that. Thnks

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Oh, that's because you have to make it visible by setting Data - Options to Visible. You also need to pick the Target type.