• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Linked Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Now I have heard that maps can be linked in SC2 and understand that this means after one mission is complete the map will transition to a new one but I was curious if anyone knows whether or not this is the full extent of the function for multiplayer. Basically what I'm asking is say for example I'm making an rpg and want to have a basement for a dungeon, can I link a map to a door and transition only one player while the rest chill in "generic town A" or does this exceed even the limits of SC2. I'm only asking because I remember in Blizzard's editor reveal video they showed a Starcraft Ghost game in which Nova moves from a town into a separate sewer map and I wasn't sure whether this would be single player only or also for multiplayer. If this has already been adressed a link would be appreciated.

Also there seem to be quite a few new faces since I was last here.

Status
Not open for further replies.