• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Link Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Intended for Electric Saiyan's Link model, I made this skin. Tell me what you guys think. >.> I know about the hair and the face... But what about everything else?

6041-link-skin-electric-saiyans-model.jpg

Thanks,

~Snap

Edit: I forgot to mention I don't have a picture of the wrap because Electric Saiyan was adjusting the model for my skin, but I haven't heard from him in a while. I do have a picture of the skin on the old model, but it looks a bit retarded.

Level 16
Yeah it's kinda blurry, looks almost like it's ripped from the game, hehe.

You didn't right? :/

No I didn't CnP. The only CnP is the face and the hair. Everything else is done by me. I save copies of my progress, and I still have them if anyone wants to see them. I usually do that so if the skin comes out crappy along the way I can go back and fix it.

~bLue

Edit: I'll make a gif of all the files I have to show progression.

Edit #2: Here the progression gif.

linksevensloweres7.gif

Edit #3: And dio why do you think this is a piece of shit? Instead of saying the CnP, face and hair, is the only good thing on this skin, how bout telling me how to improve it? I'm not near your level of texturing, but how bout giving me constructive criticism? Everyone else had no problem giving me ways to improve the skin.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Highly unefficent. about 50% of the are is like unused.

As the head and shields have lines of symetry, use them and cut them in half and on the model get it to wrap the skin as a mirror image ove half of it. Same goes with sword.

As for the mody, keep that as one piece but separate the arms and legs. Only 1 arm and 1 leg is needed, the model just needs to wrap it properly.

Basically, I am not saying the skin is bad, I am saying the wrap used is highly unefficent wasting vast ammounts of storage space in textures. Even if the pieces were scaled abit, the texture would use the same storage space but look higher res.

Level 9
Highly unefficent. about 50% of the are is like unused.

As the head and shields have lines of symetry, use them and cut them in half and on the model get it to wrap the skin as a mirror image ove half of it. Same goes with sword.

As for the mody, keep that as one piece but separate the arms and legs. Only 1 arm and 1 leg is needed, the model just needs to wrap it properly.

Basically, I am not saying the skin is bad, I am saying the wrap used is highly unefficent wasting vast ammounts of storage space in textures. Even if the pieces were scaled abit, the texture would use the same storage space but look higher res.

That would be the original modelers falut, no?

Im liking the clothes. They could use a bit more highlights though. Like everyone else said, the hood is blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.