• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Line Tower Wars Remade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i made this back in september, it was a nice old project at one point getting up to 400+ hosts/hour, but after a few patches it didn't appear on the list anymore..

Anyways, it's been remade, and well, i'm taking suggestions and ideas for it.
Right now i'm having trouble with the maximum of 500000+ health as it's hard to make superbosses.

Anyways, if anyone wants to help you're welcome to help out, if you want to test create a new game on battlenet, it's published as "Line Tower Wars Remade" by "ikillforeyou".

I'm going to try to get a testing "squad" out, i fixed the major bugs yesterday and i'm working on the leaderboard asthetics today, although, i need help to test it in multiplayer, if anyone wants to help pm me.

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL THREAD ANYMORE, POST AT www.ltwars.com

THANK YOU.

Last edited:
Level 2
Dunno if you're still watching this thread but I couldn't find any other way to get suggestions to you on this map. First of all, the sudden death timer needs a huge bump upwards, all the games I am getting into are ending before they get really interesting and you can tech up because the sudden death kicks in and almost everyone gets knocked out. Also, you might wanna look into preventing people from sending units for the first 5-10 seconds so new players have a chance to get oriented before the experienced players can send units.

Altogether though I am glad to see this game back up on the list as it was a favorite of mine before it fell into nothingness.

Alright, makes sense, i'm on vacation so i'm unable to patch it but i'll take suggestions at this (the official) thread.

BTW, where is it on the list? like 3rd page?

And, do you have any other techtree ideas?

EDIT: OOH, idea, i'll make it change depending on game mode, so like easy would be 60:00 medium would be 45:00 and hard/insane would be 30:00? would that work?

Level 2
As of right now it is on the top of the second page. Sudden death scaling with the difficulty selected seems like it would work. I have no ideas on tech trees however.

Also, what exactly does sudden death do right now? All I've noticed is that after the timer hits 0 I somehow lose a ton of lives.

Last edited:
Level 1
hello I have played this game a bunch. I really like it. right now it is on the first page.

Some suggestions

1) i think the leviathan is OP for its cost. I think it would be fair if it didnt attack but as is its alot more than 50% better than the brute. Not only are the dark priest towers completely useless vs it while they are useful vs the brute (meaning you have to upgrade 2 dark priests into lasers in order to kill the levi) but every time it passes over your base it totally wrecks it. Because of that a practically unbeatable strat is to send a levi and follow it up with a bunch of immos.

2) immos are OP. either that or the aoe towers are UP. 50 immortals is way better than a brutalisk even if your opponent has two of the tier 2 aoe towers. they dont do anything to the immos.

3) lastly I think you should inroduce a bonus for getting through a persons lane (aside from the life that you steal) because with 40 lives to begin with a life doesnt mean anything compared to how hard it is to get stuff through. currently people are spamming the cheapest units they can because they dont care about the life and the cheaper units are better for income.
I would suggest that if you get units through an opponents lane you should get double the income on the unit you got through.

Yeah, i was thinking of nerfing the leviathan because of it's attack, should i increase cost? it is the ultimate boss, after all.

i don't know what to do about immos, i may add an aura instead of their current shield.

Lives are lives, if you defeat a player you get a tech, i don't want people in a party getting fed by one another.

EDIT: Hey, if you guys have time, could you post some owned staged or just play screenshots? one of them may be the preview/loading screen pictures

Added to feedback list, once i get back i'll add you to the loading screen.

Level 2
I'll work on getting some play screenshots this afternoon. Anything specific you wanna see?

Level 2
Okay, I've got some free time after dinner so I'll get some going. Another problem is that you can't sell some towers right now (such as the basic marine tower and the upgrade from that).

Level 1
Yeah, i was thinking of nerfing the leviathan because of it's attack, should i increase cost? it is the ultimate boss, after all.

i don't know what to do about immos, i may add an aura instead of their current shield.

Lives are lives, if you defeat a player you get a tech, i don't want people in a party getting fed by one another.

EDIT: Hey, if you guys have time, could you post some owned staged or just play screenshots? one of them may be the preview/loading screen pictures

Added to feedback list, once i get back i'll add you to the loading screen.

yeah i personally think it shouldnt have attack. One time I was playing this game where there were only two of us left and i had like 40k income and he had 20k. He saved up for levi and sent it at me. I had been trying to tech my maze because I wanted to see how good a maze i could make.

In return I saved up and sent a levi back at him and so we had this scenario that the levis are flying through both are lanes and no one can win. I teched up to 2 laser drills just as he sent another levi at me. I killed one of the two of them and before the second levi could come at me he just sent a wave of immos at me and i died because my base was wrecked from the levis. He had a short maze but all his reg shooter towers were tier 5 where mine was longer and i had like a zillion of those beam and aoe towers but my regular ones were tier 3 and the levi wrecked my tier 3s but not his tier 5s. Idk if he sent 3 or 4 brutes instead of 2 levis I would have crushed him so thats why I think the levi is OP. (I had 2x the income....)

but i suppose you could make it cost more, maybe somthing like 150k? idk I would prefer the no attk but both removing the attk and increasing the cost are viable solutions

in regards to the immos why is it that they are so unaffected by aoe? maybe give them a bunch more hit points and make aoe affect them?

finally a few questions.
what does the high damage tower do andwhy would I choose it over aoe or beam (dps).

what do the dark matter and fusion core towers do in the bottom right?

ill work on those scrn shots

ty for responding

dark matter and fusion core are optional techtrees, instead of laser drill and collossus respectively, i may swap out the pounder towers for slow or something, no one ever gets them, theyre actually better versus normal creeps because they dont have a charging time like beam towers do. in my todo list increase cost is in there.

Auto towers (tier 5 projectile) OWN immortals, like one can take on an immortal as it has super fast ttack.

super stalkers are also a viable solution.

Level 2
Do you have any plans on balancing out the cost of the units vs income gained ratio? Some of them right now aren't all 5:1 (probe, medic, roach, sentry, commando, infested terran). Still workin on those screenshots, haven't had a game last long enough to get a really good one yet

Level 2
Another request, could you please update the tooltips for the units to accurately show how much income you get for making them OR fix the income. I noticed when I was playing earlier that the only unit(s) that gave me the income that was listed was the sheep and the drone. Everything after the drones and the sheep all gave me an income that was much less than what was listed. I can make a complete list later if you need me to.

EDIT: Also, the Nova needs a bug fix because nearly every time I send it, it will get stuck in mazes or something like that.

Level 2
Here's my opinion as to why the income ratios need to be evened out. From what i've been seeing, as soon as someone figures out that the income ratios aren't all the same they just start spamming sheep/drones which are the most efficient units to make in the game (and also the most boring). This whole aspect takes out alot of the fun of the game because you are forced to do the same to compete with their income and you lose out on the fun of making choices on how "best" to get through someone's maze. Just my two cents on that topic

Level 2
I'm tryin, I just can't seem to keep the game going long enough to get all the cool stuff going. Doesn't help that the custom games list reset yesterday and the game is now so far down I'm having a hard time finding it.

edit: It's moved up to page 7 since I played it last night so it's getting a bit more traffic than it was before.

Last edited:
Level 2
Found one more bug, every once in a while players won't appear on the scoreboard. It seems to happen randomly to a random player and doesn't seem to always occur so I'm not sure what's causing it.

This is the best screen I have so far.

Screenshot2011-01-2512_06_40.jpg

Level 2
Here are a couple of replays that might have something worthwhile in em.

Attachments

• Line Tower Wars Remade (2).SC2Replay
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Line Tower Wars Remade.SC2Replay
    314.8 KB · Views: 116
Level 1
Having a bug with the Levi, not sure if anyone else is or what might be causing it, but every time I call it, it will only take 1 life even in Sudden Death. Kills me instantly anytime its called against me. I have had high and low income, upgraded or basic towers don't seem to make a difference. Maybe I am missing something but don't see anything in the tooltip that would explain this.

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Ty

Edit:Could you also make it so that when a person leaves the game, their units disappear as well. Not really fair for the next person down that all the feeder income is going into ghost players account.
Ty

Level 1
The attached replay shows me getting killed in one pass but my remaining opponents surviving passes from levis. What I mean on the second part is that when a player leaves the game or gets dropped, all of their units/towers are still in play. If they had been defeated, the spawns from the person to their right would proceed to the next player clockwise, but when they leave, all the spawns still continue to go down the absent players lane and the income generated (bounty) by the kills isn't earned by the next player. Essentially handicapping the player that would get the bounty under a normal defeat situation. I have seen a few maps, Marine Arena comes to mind, that the players units and buildings are destroyed upon exit. If that could be worked in and maybe split remaining lives between players or giving them to spawning player, it would take that out issue out of the map. Overall a great map and I hope to see more in the future.
Ty

Edit: Also, Why can you call the levi and the other boss flying if air is off. Ty

Attachments

• Line Tower Wars Remade (8).SC2Replay
    654.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 19
when i play, whatever button is in 2nd row 2nd column i cant use for sum rsn

last slasher tower has 200 -150 damage?

Level 1
Just wanted to say this is by far the best sc2 map ever made and you got me hooked. Ill give my feedback when I can cause id like to see this map only get better!

Is there any full info on all the tech trees anywhere? Also what are the cheat codes for single player? I want to explore more tech trees but are nervous during a live game.

Going to provide more feedback when I'm not on my phone

Level 1
Is there any devoted website or community for this map?
I would love to help behind it if not. I'm also interested in a classic website league with scheduled matches a couple times a week.

The only thing that frustrates me with this game is the inbalance brought by inexperienced players. The best games are against people who know what they are doing.

Level 19
the 2nd row 2nd column...

O O O O O
O X O O O
O O O O O

i couldn't sell any of my slasher towers and when i tried to make my High Damage towers i couldnt because those buttons were in 2nd row and 2nd column.

Level 1
you have to use your scvs in the bottom right to select the upper level towers. they will be greyed out until you do.

Level 1
Could we post suggestions in this thread?

If we can, could you please remove sudden death? Possibly the most annoying feature ever introduced into a line tower wars. It would be a good feature to add to the startup menu with difficulty and such but to have to as an automatic setting limits games considerably.

Also, Immortals are impossible to kill in swarms for their considerably low cost. You can mass them too early in the game compared to how much it costs in defense to stop them.

Immortals combined with sudden death is almost impossible to handle.

In most games it comes down to the first person to spawn a swarm of Immortals wins and either the rest of the people can try and beef up there defenses or just lose. Given that people swarm Immortals it's equally as hard to balance this with those 38k ish flying ships that take a large assortment of lasers to take down. If you prepare yourself for the immortals you cant actually kill the ship.
Again, these would be tactically good to have in the game if you just lost lives for being unprepared. But to lose the game entirely because you randomly picked one or the other and your competition went another route is rather harsh.

I also was curious why most of the upper level towers have damage reduction modifiers. Some of the lasers do 2500 base dmg but that's reduced to less than 1000. If the dmg goes up as they attack then that makes sense ( it may, I haven't actually looked) but I was curious.

Some other recommendations that you are most likely aware of is that the ability to sell needs to be implemented into the game asap.

My last concern is the income levels for spawning. The following is most of the tier 1 units and how much income you get per 5 coins spent.
Drone 5 - 1 = 1/5
Sheep 10 -2 = 1/5
Probe 25 - 4 = .8/5
Medic 50-9 = .9/5
Roach 75 -12 = .8/5
Commando 100 - 15 =.75/5
Sentry 150 - 18 =.6/5
Mule 550 - 110 = 1/5

As you can see, once you leave drone and sheep you are getting considerably less income. This causes people to spawn mass amounts of sheep very far into the game. This is an annoyance because 8 people all spawning hundreds of sheep a round causes a lot of lag. If it was more balanced for at least the first tier then people wouldn't be using this kind of logic to decide what to spawn. For latter tiers it makes more sense to have a reduction on income to spawn something that is very powerful.

Invisible units also run backwards through mazes when shot at.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Level 1
I have mixed opinions about what people have said about immortals.

They are usually not used until you approach the 10,000 income range. At this point you should have a maze that is pretty deep. I see people all the time of making the mistake of only constructing a 3-4 line maze and getting crushed easily. You really do need to utilize that huge lane you are provided to tackle a full onslaught of immortals. My last game I tried sending immortals at the 30,000 income range and sent a triple income wave of 80+ immortals and it could not conquer a very long built maze consisting of stalkers or greater. Constructing a long maze is essential to surviving. The only thing I could suggest is maybe increasing the cost of the immortal to 1250 or 1500 so not as many can be sent in one batch.

As others have said I think fixing the income differences will enhance the gameplay. I'd like to see less sheep and drones sent for 25minutes straight just to harvest income when they could have easily taken out the player after them. I'm not sure what needs to be adjusted but I'd be happy to help play-test at any time if you do have any!

Also, I find the brutalisk way overpowered. I was able to kill a leviathan and 40 immortals with 2 laser drills & a good sized maze easily, but this same setup with a couple more upgraded beam cannons did not kill just a single brutalisk that took me out in sudden death.

Level 1
I purchased www.ltwars.com and have setup a phpbb3 forum, but I have yet to customize it. I will get some basic forums created first and then get some graphics to theme it to line tower wars by tonight.

Level 1
bug

so I was upgrading a few of my towers and they were reproducing faster than rabbits and over populating my maze like for every one I upgraded i got 2 upgraded towers any ideas....? ltw bugged.SC2Replay is added as an attachment for you to see yourself

Attachments

• ltw bugged.SC2Replay
    479.8 KB · Views: 155
Level 1
I am curious about a couple things.

Why is the Leviathan's attack a damage over time? Why do the towers AFFECTED by this DoT not have any kind of marking as such? I realized that I have to upgrade my towers in order to get the DoT to go away. However, even with doing that, the fully upgraded towers, such as Dark Matter Towers, cannot be upgraded any further. So they are just meant to die, no matter if I kill the Lev or not? There should be a way to remove the DoT and heal the towers back to full.

Also, I had issue with towers just straight disappearing. Towers that I had just placed on the ground were disappearing before I could upgrade them. Is this how you intend "sudden death" to function? It was just over an hour into the game. Also, does sudden death mean that you can send leviathans without costing the -100000 to your income?

I have a replay, but I will warn that my own language was rather obscene at this point, because these two items were really starting to upset me. After spending an hour in game, and really having some fun with this map, this crap started to happen, and I just got fed up and left. If you want the replay, please message me.

Thanks!
Ballador

Level 1
My apologies, I read through this thread, and thought this was the official thread. I didn't remember reading the link for the new web page. I will check that out and I will be more than happy to leave feedback and such over there.

Thanks!

Level 1
Does the map creator still check these forums? I was just wondering because the new version of LTW is pretty shwack. It started being used after the last patch (1.3.0) and now it's ALL messed up.

The first thing I notcied was you can no longer use the "Idle Worker" button to quickly select the towers you want, while the count down is still going. Also, the Tier 3 building (the last one) had it's prices all increased, which I believe to be a horrible idea. However, the worst "change" I've see so far is the end unit BC...It's WAY too strong. Anyways, if you respond I'd love to further post.

Status
Not open for further replies.