• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Limiting Heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So i've run into a problem whilst working on a map whilst using GUI.

Here is a quick rundown;

- The maximum amount of heros a player is allowed to have will increase throughout the game

- Each race has only 1 hero but is allowed to train it multiple times until the maximum hero amount is reached

- If a hero dies it is gone, instead of reviving it you'll have to train a new one

What i've done is i've limited the unit type of each hero for their corresponding races and remove a hero when it dies. The problem is that removing a dead hero doesn't reduce the number of units of you have of that type acording to the game. (So if you build 3 heros and 1 dies, it thinks you still have 3 of them)

Is there a better alternative to removing a dead hero?

PS: I didn't use the basic limit hero for player trigger since for some reason you can't make duplicate heros if you add them to the Techtree - Dependancy Equivalants even if you delete the limit hero of type trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.