• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning effect with height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I searched for this question as well, but I couldn't find it. Anyway...

I wanted to create a lightning effect from point A to point B, but both points are at a certain height, that is, not coming from and terminating to the ground or 'position of unit'.

Do I need to create dummy units to do this? What trigger should I use?

Thanks.

Level 3
I see, thanks donut3.5, but I forgot to mention that I'm not familiar with JASS (which I think is from what your suggested method is based from). Is it possible with good ol' GUI-based world editor?

Level 27
Unfortunately, I do not believe so. You can simply use custom text to do this one thing for you though. Example:
JASS:
call AddLightningEx("CLPB", true, GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit()), 4000., GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit()), 0.)
This will make a vertical lightning bolt of the blue chain lightning at the position of the triggering unit.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.