• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighting effects Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have problem. I want create lighting effect locked on some point in height and from that point to another one (on unit at best). Problem is I can not find a way to set lighting effects on height.
any ideas?

Level 11
create a dummy that has fly as movement type, and set the height to the level you want. give him a dummy life drain spell that deals no damage, and set the lightning effects to what you wish. then create the dummy with the triger, order it and so on...

maybe problem can be that life drain does not last even for a moment if it deals 0 damage (but im not sure!). try it!

also this way the lightning effect has only one direction --> from down to above.

Level 11
AddLightningEx is the native... if you do not know JASS, you will have to use dummies, but I'm afraid you cannot give them locust ability because being unselectable, they can't be affected by another dummy. And without locust, they can be detected. Maybe WEU has the native included in the GUI.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.