• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is a playable light house terrain and i'm completely stumped.

What do i do to make this look like a lighthouse coast line...
lighthouse.jpg

Level 6
yeah thats something ill add in game some how if i do at all add it... but i need more on terrain, the flat terrain is bad, what do i replace it with.,... ?

Level 36
The iceland should by far NOT be smooth >.> Ever wondered what the function of lighthouses are? So that ships wont hit reefs, and otherwise sharp cliff like icelands at sea. Make it one main large iceland and many small reef-like ones around it, then use the steinlord rock, if you have it, and tint it to get a cliffy like iceland terrain, and just for the hell of it you could make it dark and add some fog to it so that it would seem loomy.

Level 6
Thing is, it's playable and so I need some where people can easily walk on, it would look better you're way, how can i have it playable YET a good terrain.

Level 6
im confused it looks good? all you need is a light coming from the light house, some more rocks in the ocean, also i usually dont go outside and see a line of rocks with no little rocks around it i mean you have these big rocks in the picture that are bigger than the people and they just suddenly end with no little rocks around them... you said the flat terrain was bad... and that you need to replace it... your by water usually you dont have much vegetation or giant hills, but other than the rocks and the light house with no light it looks good.

The iceland should by far NOT be smooth >.> Ever wondered what the function of lighthouses are? So that ships wont hit reefs, and otherwise sharp cliff like icelands at sea. Make it one main large iceland and many small reef-like ones around it, then use the steinlord rock, if you have it, and tint it to get a cliffy like iceland terrain, and just for the hell of it you could make it dark and add some fog to it so that it would seem loomy.

Well it doesn't exactly look like Iceland anyways so I don't think that was the target area. Yes I know the function of a lighthouse, but using the raise/lower tool in stead of the Cliff tool could make a nice rocky peak just as easily as it could make a smooth island. A tall cliff could do this lighthouse good though to give it purpose

Level 6
Maybe I need a better picture, because you can't really see it from that picture, but it goes up at the cliffs, as in using raise terrain tool.
I picture a lighthouse as going up in the center and having tall jagged cliffs around it.

Level 12
The cliffing takes off points, but it can be ignored.

You should put more tile variety, maybe add in some vegetation around the light house.

Status
Not open for further replies.