• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leveled down

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hive level just dropped from 38 to 37 lol...
Screenshot_20220514-164153_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-164214_Chrome.jpg

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Might be an issue with someone taking a positive reaction off a post of yours or changing a rating on a resource of yours. The latter, you can find out on your profile/notifications but for reactions you only get notified or get a stamp of that on your profile for given ones, not taken too. If removed, these reactions just disappear from your notifications/profile which impedes verifying if the system has bugs or not.
Since you get a notification for your level being lowered, you should also get one for why.

I suggest locking reactions after a certain amount of time so people won't do funny stuff. Might make it possible to change reactions again if the post reacted to was edited or if a resource reacted to was updated.
However, you can't really do much about deleting your own posts, I guess, unless we also disable that a while after the post has been written.

Last edited:
Might be an issue with someone taking a positive reaction off a post of yours or changing a rating on a resource of yours. The latter, you can find out on your profile/notifications but for reactions you only get notified or get a stamp of that on your profile for given ones, not taken too. If removed, these reactions just disappear from your notifications/profile which impedes verifying if the system has bugs or not.
Since you get a notification for your level being lowered, you should also get one for why.

I suggest locking reactions after a certain amount of time so people won't do funny stuff. Might make it possible to change reactions again if the post reacted to was edited or if a resource reacted to was updated.
Yeah that's what I suspect too. Ratings should definitely be locked after a while, imagine if you for example started unliking all your liked posts. People's levels would be cut in half overnight :xxd:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yeah that's what I suspect too. Ratings should definitely be locked after a while, imagine if you for example started unliking all your liked posts. People's levels would be cut in half overnight :xxd:
Fellow: "With all my heart, I give you this car as a gift!"
Chap: "Thank you oh so much dear friend! I will make utmost and well use of it!"
The next day.
Fellow: "You know what, I'm going to ask you to give that car back. I've changed my mind without even thinking."
Chap: "Just take it then but don't tell me when or how. Make it a surprise. Shock me if needed be. Mayhap, me stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to get back other than on foot."

This is a result of experience being automatically re-calculated by considering everything each time you contribute. Your exp log isn’t a log, it’s just a view on your contributions with exp in mind.
So someone removed their reactions to my posts, and the next time I did anything that grants XP my total XP is being recalculated, or am I misunderstanding?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This is a result of experience being automatically re-calculated by considering everything each time you contribute. Your exp log isn’t a log, it’s just a view on your contributions with exp in mind.
Wasn't recalculation a thing of transitioning from reputation to experience? What's to recalculate after that?
I'm fairly sure someone took some reactions out. I happened to give him some positive ones yesterday which ended up him getting 38 back.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Wasn't recalculation a thing of transitioning from reputation to experience? What's to recalculate after that?
I'm fairly sure someone took some reactions out. I happened to give him some positive ones yesterday which ended up him getting 38 back.
The data is always there so there's no need to keep a separate record for the experience log. It merely lists your likes, posts, exp awards, resources as they appear in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.