• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legend craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everybody. :wink:
SO I am working with project called LegendCraft.
Its a RPG campaign consists of 2 main world maps and N-count dungeons (in developing, I am quite far from finishing) So one player controls 5 heroes. They gain xp from killing mobs and elites, as well as bosses. they get different loot. (There re aprox. 200 items now, but it will be around 600 or more in the end)
so just another rpg campaign but I suppose that even now, debug-mode gameplay is rather interesting. 70 levels, 1-35 is nearly full done.
So, what I wanted to say:ogre_hurrhurr:
I d like my own style (I mean not standard icons, models, fx, etc) everywhere i can place it in the map. Icons where not big problem. I found a lots of them in MMORPG Runes Of Magic and they are rather cool. (The only BUT is that they`re a bit low quality because of sizes of source images) Now I need 5 models for human heroes. They are: Warrior/"Tank", Mage, Druid(kind of a mage. Mage is a fire wizard and druid is nature wizard), Priest (the only healer) and Scout(just a guy with a bow or x-bow). I`d like to have a model pack containing these models. They should be done in the same style. The race for every hero is human. Ill put modellers contacts in Campaign description. Also will be very cool if someone`ll make sounds and/or icons for models.

If moders won`t be too evil :ogre_haosis: later i`ll post here a link 4 downloading my campaign.
Also if they wish they can move my theme anywhere it should be, in there`s opinion)

PS: Oh, and one more thing. Just a fact. Campaign interface is in russian, but after full release, i`ll translate it into English. Also there is a chance that I`ll make an MP arena based on this campaign. But its distant future)

SCREENS(not release version):
25 level boss full party

15 level boss duo (tank+priest)

(Tank can kill him solo)

25 level boss full party

New event-boss - Assassin and it`s test

Assassin in the crowd of 28-31 leveled Elites

Assassin fighting 26 leveled mini boss

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello,

Well well, it was quite surprising to find someone "inspired" by Runes of Magic, although I agree, RoM has pretty cool skill icons. :)

Heh, the classes; Warrior, mage, druid, priest and scout, all which exist in RoM as well. Scout can and should, however, use 1-h swords, unless you want that factor to differ from RoM.

So is the campaign intro screen in Russian-only or all skills etc. as well? Either way, that was just something I didn't like to read. If you're supposed to release it in English in the end anyways, why write it in Russian at all? It's just more work...

Level 2
Heh) about using swords by scout. i find it a little bit difficult to do(using bow and swords). also I wanted to add rogue. but there is one fact which makes me thinking that there s can be only one mellee hero. In Rom Bosses and mobs aggro more on heroes with more damage and agro bufs/stats
Here mellee bosses and mobs are more aggressive with the closest hero.
It should be Tank, cause he have the best defense and "the biggest" health. But if there wil be a rogue, rogue will constantly die. Surely he will have not bad defense (like scout, scout is the second after tank) and not bad health parameters. Thereis another problem - in Wc3 we have only 3 parameters. i want 5 like in rom. This will make more difference between all classes, mostly between mages/priests/...
But with 3 parameters, rogue will be just a mellee variant of scout, nothing more.

Also u should not think Im big fan of RoM, sure, I love dis game, but this campaign won`t be a port from RoM. I took just some main ideas. and art like icons. Among these ideas I use mag/phys dmg/attack, like in RoM. But I am using my own formula to calculate end damage. In general it`s like dmg*sqrt(att*(skilldmg+dmg)). then this count of damage point goes to enemy. enemy have some defense. so he absorb some damage.
Example. I have test 70 level epic weapons for all classes. Mage (fully equiped with 6 epic staffs) gives more than 17 000 000 damage from Big fireball skill. but this is without defense. Elites on 70 have Godlike defense + defense points around 315. So mob wont get such epic damage from that 17 000 000.
PS: I want to add about RoM... In my campaign scout have passive chance for powerful distant AOE))) So u see its differ. Despite I am mage/priest/rogue in RoM and i dont like scouts)

About the interface. I`m Russian and my first idea was to make campaign for having fun for me and my friends, who a Russians too. thats why I use Russian interface. Of cause I`ll post here English versions firstly. Interface is fully in Russian now, but i suppose it wont take much time to translate.
PS: first world map is around 7.8 mb now.. But this map wont grow much more now. I finished importing 1400 files..)

Last edited:
Level 2
Dis is part of my excel table. All characteristics for mobs, elites, bosses.
Also calculations for one of dungeons

Attachments

• lc_exports.zip
    60.4 KB · Views: 44
Level 2
Am.... I have one question for experienced mapmakers. How to change in-game font size? I have big numbers in health, mana and att (Bosses can have more than 10.000.000 hp and around 1.000.000 attack) . When I have number >= 1.000.000 wc3 just dont show it, as well as some numbers around 120.000.

Also I want to output mag/phys dmg/attack/healbonus on the panel with main hero char-s. How to make it?)
PS: every hero has damage (p/m) and attack(p/m) or healbonus instead of attack. Total - 2 additional parameters for each hero.

Level 9
Sorry... i don't mean to offend you but i have 2 things to tell you...

First of all... there is a little thing... very very little but important called the "Elusive" edit button.... you need to use it more... not just post and post and post again...

Second... please try not to seek attention so much... you seem to have made this account for the sole purpose of making this thread about your map... and asking for help... although you should understand that we are a community... we request that all those who join in become part of the community... not just "help-sucking" newcomers...

I don't say you have to quit the Hive... but you must try to become a better member around... try giving an introduction in the Introductions section... don't just stay like a hawk paying attention only to this thread of yours...

Also... a third mention: You posted this in the wrong section... you should have posted it in the Map development section... Please... on the future... try reading the descriptions of the forums... and the guide-lines

If in any manner you will find this reply offensive, please tell me precisely why... but i hope you will have a good reason.

Level 2
OK I ll try)
About section I ve said if someone want he can move topic anywhere it should be, I wont offend. I wont offend anyway. Its not my style - to offend). About membership - as you want. I`ll start right now) (If I got you right I should be more active as a member of this community and etc.)
---------------------
how to upload a pack here? I dont see any field for my file. only for screen shots, name, description, etc. but there is no archive field((

Id like to upload attachment as an icon pack. It has 445 + 163 icons (all border styles - total - more that 4200 files) of items and skills from Runes Of Magic. but numbers will grow with time. I just need more time to convert other icons. But even this pack is rather big and may be very useful for other members.

Also Ill convert all 8000 icons much faster if i find DDS->JPG/PNG/... converter with ability of massive conversion (I mean converting many files in some directory by clicking one button, like in ButtonManager)
------------------------
3 new screens in first post
------------------------
Can anyone extract sounds.fdb in Runes? FDB extractor opening JIT-debuger window when I try to open sounds.fdb. I need sounds from runes how can I get them?

Attachments

• romicons.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.