• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left-click detection??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
It can be done - I've seen it done...
I've seen it in custom inventories in which a player's left-clicking at some location on the ground is evidently being detected in order to let the player move stuff around in her inventory.

I've tried to understand some of the inventory demonstration maps in the Spells section, but I don't understand enough to learn anything from them yet, and I get too many crashes when I try to play around with those maps. You might ask, does it matter whether you have to right- or left-click? I think it matters enough that if there is a way, I want to find it. And now I resort to asking people for the slightest clue :hohum:

Level 10
Thanks for an overwhelmingly fast answer. I reckon trackables are what I need if they can do more than detect when I select a unit ;]

And I've heard the term tossed around the ether, yet I've little clue as to whatever they do and do not. I bet the advanced way has more goodies in it than just allowing me to detect left-clicks, so how do I get started on trackables?

Edit: Currently checking this out.

Level 10
I'm allready on it, but thanks. This is kind of solved then. Jass is just one bit of confusing scripting to me when I*compare it to the few other languages I know better. It's like you have write double the length of code in Jass as in for instance RB. Could use an elseif statement. And I'm not even sure if you can use arrays with more than 2 dimensions, but I have never been able to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.