• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Learning ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys. Have a strange but simple problem. Hero - learn skill for hero doesn't work for some reasons and I don't know why. I need it to make skill-buying system. It detecting item (skill item) acquirement correctly and removing item, but don't want to learn the skill. Will be grateful for any help

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Hey guys. Have a strange but simple problem. Hero - learn skill for hero doesn't work for some reasons and I don't know why. I need it to make skill-buying system. It detecting item (skill item) acquirement correctly and removing item, but don't want to learn the skill. Will be grateful for any help
"Learn hero skill" only works if you have unspent skill points.

Level 3
Tank-Commander, There are a few troubles with posting my triggers. They're not in english, so I cannot copypaste them to post here
Nichilus, Thanks! I've tried to remake with add ability. But it doesn't work anyway
Wrda, Thanks, but I know it=) But again, thanks anyway

Level 25
Well I was thinking along the lines if it isn't just a channel ability that doesn't have "visibility" checked.
Also, sometimes it happens to me that ability I add doesn't show for the unit, but swapping its position with another ability usually solves that and the ability shows then.

Level 3
-Kobas-, As I told, I cannot copypaste triggers. They're not on english, so they will by copied in the wrong encoding.
Heh, guys, the problem is suddenly solved. The problem is race mismatch of the ability and unit that have to learn it. Thanks Nichilus for visibility tip, tried to check ability settings after I have read that =)
And thanks for everyone who tried to help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.