• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Large text message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Does anybody know how to make a text message appear full-size? I want to make the messages like "You're entering the city of etc." on my map appear fullscreen and centered, like in RPGs. Could use the Upkeep messages for that, but then the list of all locations on the map will be shown at the upkeep window tooltip, which I wanted to use as map version indicator. DisplayTextMessage and Floating text (TextTag) don't change font size.

Level 10
DisplayTextMessage and Floating text (TextTag) don't change font size.
umm. . . if you use floating text there is an area that is called "Font Size" and at defult is equal to 10, in maps where I need large fonts I use this function generally I use size 100.
Trigger
Event - Unit enters region (the city of asdf)
Action - create floating text at point event response on point of triggering unit font size 100.
- Wait 4 seconds
- Destroy last created floating text

using this trigger just create the region over the entire city and its done as simple as that

Level 2
Thank you very much, I didn't notice that because the size (argument 'height' in SetTextTagText) is not set with a separate function (I searched for SetTextTagSize/Height). Sometimes it's useful to work in GUI ^^'. Now I should work on setting the text to appropriate position on the screen (my camera rotates with the Hero, so it will be another piece of work...). Can I create a floating text for a local player only, or will it cause desyncs, does anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.