• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Land of Classic Spells 1.1b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

LAND OF CLASSIC SPELLS 1.1B

Created by Hajken

Map Info

Hey all this is the first map i created continuing a friend's idea and its an AoS map.The goal is to destroy your enemy's stronghold while you have a hero that progressively levels up and buys items depending on the farm and kills.There are 2 main modes.The Multiplayer mode can be played with 2-8 people while the Soloplaying mode can be played from even 1 player.Soloplayer mode involves some boss spawns every 4 mins so it makes the game a bit more challenging and solo testing more relaxing.This version features only 2 commands (-em for easy multiplayer mode giving you gold and -aim to turn on soloplayer mode)Solo player mode can be activated even with more than 1 ppl but both teams must give the command

Features

As i already told this is my first map so not many special features.Map contains some hero ideas with custom models,a mix of classic spells and im working on an energy/rage/cooldown system.( Energy is alternate mana source.Some heroes instead of having mana can have 100 energy and their abilities cost energy instead of mana)(Rage is the same but this bigger cooldowns and only 10 rage to spent)(Cooldown use heroes have no spellcost and they can be used when the cooldowns is ready)

Some else stuff about map

This map uses 1192 Doodads,21 Regions,54 Triggers,80 Functions,32 Variables ( some of these are probably useless also need some help on that)

Screenshots

Image Title

193388-albums6417-picture69646.html-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Image Description
Heroes Preview

Image Title

193388-albums6417-picture69647.html-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Image Description
Heroes Preview

Image Title

193388-albums6417-picture69668.html-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Image Description
Heroes Preview

Image Title

193388-albums6417-picture69650.html-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Image Description

Image Title

193388-albums6417-picture69648.html-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Image Description

Video Title

Video Description
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Video Title

Video Description
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[R]

Credits

[R]
Special thanks to Sellenisko,Kwaliti,Frankster,Callahan,Tranquil,TheSilent,Grendel for their awesome models ,to Hajken my irl friend who is the one who had the idea about the map and generally to hiveworkshop community for supporting the idea and helping me out.

[/TABLE]

Added:
  • 3 new champions
  • Auto-rez timers
  • More recipe items
Removed:
  • Some unbalanced spells and items
Fixed:
  • Terrain
  • Tower Appearances
  • Champion Balance

[/TABLE]

Keywords:
AoS,WoW,Siege,Horde,Alliance,Warcraft,Orcs,Humans
Contents

Land of Classic Spells 1.1b (Map)

Reviews
11:14, 12th Aug 2013 Orcnet: needs more work
Level 29
You should code a little more efficiently.

Anything you use twice or more should be stored into a variable for added speed and efficiency.
Example: store last created multiboard into a multiboard variable and use that instead.

Don’t use dying unit use triggering unit instead. In a trigger with the event of a unit dies use triggering player not owner of unit.

You have a lot of copies of the a recipe. Instead you should rename these to say what recipe they are for.
You can use a recipe system as they can help manage the recipes you have.

You have a lot of leaks which can cause the game to be unplayable and laggy very soon.
Anything with center of / position of / offset leaks. Look at the tutorial Things that Leak in the triggers and scripts forum.

The trigger msSpeed doesn’t do anything and should be deleted or updated.

Your Hero Rez trigger wont work with the wait. You need to change dying unit to triggering unit and it will work. Also fix the leak.

The startup is a little odd.

It would be better if you used dialogs rather than just making players type in the commands. ( Although this is optional but it looks nicer)

The tooltips look good. The spells are well explained.

The map seems a little boring. There aren’t any custom spells. The terrain is ok. The models are good.

Once you die the unit never revives because of the bad trigger.

Ratings

Triggers 1/5
Terrain 3/5
Tooltips 5/5 I haven’t seen anything wrong in here.
Game messages 4/5 I saw some mistakes in your messages.
Models / Artwork 5/5 They look interesting.
Gameplay 1/5 I couldn't play enough of it because of the bugged trigger. It can also use some more interesting things.

Over All 1/5 Shouldn’t be approved until fixes are made.

Level 3
Its land of classic spells cause it has classic spells didnt want to add other spells than warcraft3 classics. :) Thanks for the tips though. Sorry about the description i coded a little bad will try to fix at future

Level 30
Your map is too simply made, all of the heroes are just swap abilities of other default heroes and terrain is too wide with no much strategic value.

No place to properly train yourself since the map is too small and only 2 lanes to draw in. In total this needs more work, though I will post you the tutorial on proper balancing of hereos and AoS type of genres, the tut for terrain is for you to feed.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...o-craft-function-role-synergy-balance-134337/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/polishing-your-game-168019/