• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Laaaaaaaag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
After testing with a friend, my map has proven to be really laggy and I don't know why.. Can someone please check the map file and poke around?

Attachments

• Tiriath Civil War - Telgarde - V2.w3x
    13.5 MB · Views: 35

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are a few leaks such as a location in Mine Copy. A example of a potentially big leak is fighter which leaks 2 locations and a rect (GUI region) every time the main action path runs. There are potentially others, with any leak that occurs frequently potentially helping towards poor late game performance.

GUI Replace Unit is used which leaks handle indices due to a game bug. Would have to be used thousands of times to make a difference though...

I would also suggest temporarily removing the Stealth System in case there are leaks or efficiency problems with it.

Level 13
There are a few leaks such as a location in Mine Copy. A example of a potentially big leak is fighter which leaks 2 locations and a rect (GUI region) every time the main action path runs. There are potentially others, with any leak that occurs frequently potentially helping towards poor late game performance.

GUI Replace Unit is used which leaks handle indices due to a game bug. Would have to be used thousands of times to make a difference though...

I would also suggest temporarily removing the Stealth System in case there are leaks or efficiency problems with it.
Mine Copy? and how do I fix leaks?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Mine Copy?
Yes the trigger named that in your map.
and how do I fix leaks?
Pass the handle value of objects you create to the appropriate destructor functions after the object is no longer useful.

There are a lot of tutorials on eliminating leaks in Warcraft III triggers.
Things That Leak
Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts
Short Tutorial: Avoiding "leaks" and making efficient triggers | Brigand's Haven

And many, many more seeing how it is one of the most common problems people have.

Status
Not open for further replies.