• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

La cité perdu

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Keywords:
Melee/Map/
Contents

La cité perdu (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Feb/08 17:04:11 Reasons: Lacking Description: Template Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor...
Level 28
What does La cite perdu mean?

Well give more description on your melee map something like "Hundred years ago this city has been invaded by bandits blah blah blah"

Time for the review:

Terrain

Terrain looks very simple and can be done in minutes, too flat and plain

Suggestions

*Use more the height tool more often than using blizzards cliff to make the terrain more realistic
*Use more of environment doodads like shrubs, cattail, flowers to make the terrain attractive also putting some props like birds, fence, trees(art type of tree placement), :props for creeps places like fire pit, and brazier is always a good idea.
*Using many variation of tileset will remove the terrain emptiness and plainness(good idea to use with height tool)

Don't be afraid of experimenting on terrain, doing some of this will really improve your terrain ability.

Gameplay

Good Things

-Neutral creeps drops items appropriate on their levels
Well this is really a important thing on melee map that the level of item drops should be appropriate on neutral creep unit level
Bad Things

-Goblin Shop

Why put 2 goblin shops on top-middle part and bottom-middle part that doesn't make any sense

-No hero tavern.

You should put a minimum of 1 tavern especially on a 4 player above melee map because it will give any team an advantage on hero-type unit

-4 goldmine in the middle?

This is the part of the map that I really don't like.

What is the point of putting 4 goldmine in a very small space on the middle part of the map? It would give conflict on extending map territory. One or Two gold mine is enough if really want to make a map territory conflict in the middle. Also if all of the goldmine is in the middle part of the map how can a force extend their territory on early game, you should put in your mind that extending force territory is very important on melee maps.

This things are enough to give your map a rating of 1/5

If you have complaints on my review or change every bad point that I said and what to change my rating then PM me