• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kyx's Kings and Knights 2.5(P)

Contents

Kyx's Kings and Knights 2.5(P) (Map)

Level 6
Some key features to 2.5 are:

1 king and 2 knights are now split into 4 diffrent forces to have a default alliance. This will make starting a game easier.

Red + dark green and brown
Blue + light blue and gray
Teal + pink and green
Purple + orange and yellow

You can however still use the alliance commands to leave or join another king should you not like your current one or should he / she leave.

Kings can now each hold 2 items

Ankhs of reincarnation have been removed

Summoned pets have better armor types now so they are a useful investment of skill points

Soldiers (footmen) can now cast Hold the Line if you upgrade it. (works as a modifyed defend)

More updates are listed in the quest menu in game

Thanks for your download and support, feel free to leave feedback

Kyxoan.

Level 2
i've played every version of kings and knights you have hosted on www.wc3sear.ch to date, and i would have to say this is your best one yet, but another implement you should make is to have armies move slower, this is because people always use armies to help them level. i like that kings can hold more than 0 items, but i think 2 may be too much (2 armors or 1 armor 1 potion, there are many devious concoctions to make kings too badass w/ 2 slots including magic immunity potion/armor, making them hard to be killed by any unit, and impossible to be killed by a mage)

you should also add a few options for kings, maybe different races because seeing the same knight/gunner combo Infibillion times gets old

Level 6
Well, Thanks for the first feedback.. I'm hoping more people will do the same (love feedback= )). Armies move slower then heros and are ment to be used in leveling with knights. The leveling system is slowed down to make the use of armies not too overpowered. However if an army unit kills a creep it eats 50% of the exp so its not really that effective. Best combo to level is the king + 2 knights.

As for the king being too overpowered with 2 items. If he dies it game over for him so thats why 2 items isnt much. I removed the anhks for just that reason. Stacking 2 anhks would make him unkillable. An ams potion can be dispelled with a wand of negation so that isnt really overpowered.. AND him having 2 armors adds about 6% more mitigation because of his already high armor rating. At level 20 he should have near 30 armor base.

In future versions I plan on adding more units for kings to build to have an even more diverse fight. The only reason it takes me so long is because I have to work out the balance. As it is now every army unit has a counter.

Soldiers ( footmen ) absorb 80% of gunners ( riflemen ) damage and also the damage of arrow towers (basic not upgraded). However normal damage ( elite soldiers) destroy them. That makes them a great front line unit in a war. Ive seen many many people just mass 1 type of unit usally when im king and I very easily counter that with a balanced army. The best army is a balanced army.

Elite soldiers ( knights ) take extra damage (200%) from gunners but tank normal attacks (soldiers and elites) very well. They also move faster but attack slower but harder.

Gunners take normal damage from all but are drasticly reduced in damage vs soldiers ( footmen ) so in a 1 v 1 fight a gunner will die while a soldier has around 80% health.

Anyway yes I plan on adding many more units to the game as I release new versions. Also more knight classes. Im trying to make the best K&K around.

Anyway thanks for the feedback again, feel free to leave more ideas = )

Kyxoan.

Level 2
many people dislike the fact that leveling is slowed, there are other ways to counter how buffed the heroes get, for instance when a king reaches level 10 you could make him have an aura that gives something like 10% extra dmg and 10% faster atk rate to all his units (you could make it work for only his units, no heroes)

also you should know, im making my own kings and knights so you may have some competition in a couple months, as for the allies... a simple trigger to make life easier for the knights

instead of having them ally the guys they want to ally by saying -ally you could use the jass script

JASS:
function Trig_alliance_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    call SetForceAllianceStateBJ( GetPlayersAllies(GetTriggerPlayer()), GetPlayersAllies(GetTriggerPlayer()), bj_ALLIANCE_ALLIED_VISION )
    call SetForceAllianceStateBJ( GetPlayersEnemies(GetTriggerPlayer()), GetPlayersAllies(GetTriggerPlayer()), bj_ALLIANCE_UNALLIED )
    call SetForceAllianceStateBJ( GetPlayersAllies(GetTriggerPlayer()), GetPlayersEnemies(GetTriggerPlayer()), bj_ALLIANCE_UNALLIED )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_alliance takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_alliance = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventAllianceChanged( gg_trg_alliance, Player(0) )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventAllianceChanged( gg_trg_alliance, Player(1) )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventAllianceChanged( gg_trg_alliance, Player(2) )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventAllianceChanged( gg_trg_alliance, Player(3) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_alliance, function Trig_alliance_Actions )
endfunction

and also,
you could make it easier to ally so when a king says -hire (color)
a dialogue box pops up on that knights screen w/ the text (color) wishes to hire you
and the buttons
*decline*
*accept*
(in that order because if they accidentally hit enter they will decline instead of accepting)
and you can still implement the -ally (other knights color)
if you make variables and use those to make it so every time their alliance changes after 2 seconds they re-ally all the players that they allied

this would be a bit more work, but it would prove to be a much better alliance interface. *i've already completed the code for this but sry im not gonna share, it took me too long

Level 6
Well for the allying I was actully considering removing all the commands and leaving it as is. Defaulted 2 knights per king with a set variable to make knights lose if their king dies / leaves. Pre this feature knights never lost unless they left.

As for leveling that was already increased in 2.4 (the speed of it). Many people seem to not know however that fighting armies is a much faster way to level. Creep leveling is roughly 50% slower but safer. Usally in games I play knights are level 10ish by the time they engage in thier first battle.

The winning king / knights of that battle generally gain 1 - 4 levels depending on the size of it in a 5 min battle whereas the losing one gains 1 - 2 levels.

Generally to get to max level 20 with a king or a knight it takes 45 mins - 1 hour (spawn time of the epic mobs)

I found that there are 2 types of people for K&K maps,
people that liked sweet misary (massive tomes, unbalanced heros, no use for an army or buildings due to tomes and unbalanced heros, fast exp). And people who like TOB, DOTA , Melee (Balanced heros, slower gameplay, no I win button).

If you want to make your map faster leveling to please the first group that is fine =) mine however will remain balanced and slower paced to please the second group.

Anyway good luck with your map.

Kyxoan.