• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kurdran and Sky'ree

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Kurdran Wildhammer (and Sky'ree), Chief Thane of the Wildhammer Clan and one of the Sons of Lothar.

Probably the simplest of the Sons of Lothar models, but I do like how he looks. I was planning on making separate versions of Kurdran and Sky'ree but got kind of burnt out. Might pick it up again at some point.

CHANGELOG:
  • September 4th 2022 - Added custom missile model
  • September 5th 2022 - Optimized model by removing unused keyframes
  • February 5th 2023 - Made missile model pass sanity check
Previews
Contents

Kurdran and Sky'ree (Model)

Kurdran Missile (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Interesting flying hero with custom textures. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 48
Ahh. Not much to say about these two beauties other than that I love them. I think this model stands out even among your own excellent pedigree. The problems I sometimes have with the way you handle portraits (and their textures) are completely averted here, with a high resolution texture, fleshed-out mouth and eyes and very expressive personality. It's fairly worthy of being a golden standard for future (and past?) works!
The animations are downright fantastic, and I particularly love the spell effects you employed. If there was one minor nitpick I'd mention, it's that the hammer seems a wee small, but as we all know: "It's not the size of the hammer that matters. It's how you wield it!" :thumbs_up:

Level 39
UPDATE: Made missile model pass sanity check.
Ahh. Not much to say about these two beauties other than that I love them. I think this model stands out even among your own excellent pedigree. The problems I sometimes have with the way you handle portraits (and their textures) are completely averted here, with a high resolution texture, fleshed-out mouth and eyes and very expressive personality. It's fairly worthy of being a golden standard for future (and past?) works!
The animations are downright fantastic, and I particularly love the spell effects you employed. If there was one minor nitpick I'd mention, it's that the hammer seems a wee small, but as we all know: "It's not the size of the hammer that matters. It's how you wield it!" :thumbs_up:
Thanks for the feedback, mate! It's appreciated :)

Level 3
Oh my God! HOW I LONG FOR THIS MODEL! I really need her for my project with the dwarves. I'm still waiting for the author to make a separate version from the griffin. Who knows, maybe by my birthday (March 4) a MIRACLE will HAPPEN and I will still see her! (= The quality of the models is simply mind-blowing!

Level 3
Is there a grounded version of this model? Like, for example, when Kurdran gets captured in Draenor during wc2 exp, on a modern look he can't be portraited as still riding his gryphon while caged now, can he?
Many of us are waiting for the version of the model without the griffin. And I even more. I need it for my dwarven campaign. But the author seems so far devoid of inspiration.