• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kodo Jockey

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Disclaimer: Screw the disclaimer, let's bloody party.

Here come the beast again.
image.png

Version 1.0Released

RoiwnK3.png

Tags: Kodo Beast, Kotobeast, Kodobeast, DJ
Contents

BTNJockey (Icon)

BTNKoder (Icon)

Kodo Jockey (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Wow Shido this is really something different, moreso than your usual textures and if I can start off by saying one of your best yet, I'll go into detail: The Good: Total conversions are really your thing, and not just changing the species or race or...
Wow Shido this is really something different, moreso than your usual textures and if I can start off by saying one of your best yet, I'll go into detail:

The Good:
Total conversions are really your thing, and not just changing the species or race or subspecies of the skin but changing the skin from an entirely different concept/idea into something else and here we have the Kodo Beast turned into a Techno DJ on a mechanical steed. Conceptually this really stands out, the theme is cool and unique which I say a lot but must be highlighted in this case out of all your work.
In terms of the execution I think this is some of your best texture work yet, your style has always been cartoony but there are elements here which elevate it into quality. For one, I've spoken before about texture work and how you could perhaps work on making cloth look like cloth, skin like skin, hair like hair etc and you seem to have taken that on board. The metal sections look fantastic. They've got that nice dull shine and in various colours of gold and grey but within that your shading and highlighting of these medal segments as they bend and twist has been done really well; even on the unwrap you can see how the segments are meant to fold round the model and be shaped to the best and character. Then there's the padded saddle which looks padded, they have that slight raise and then a flat base like a leather cushion on a seat.
The coloured neon lights also look great, they pop and draw the eye breaking up the metal sections. On the pink hearbeat monitor I notice you've added a slight glow to it which is great and helps sell this idea of the screen giving off light.
There's also team colour which is impressive considering how much you've changed the texture and the TC doesn't clash with the rest of the skin.
There's a lot of shading and highlighting here and I think you've came a long way in terms of how well you draw it. Overall tons of details to get lost in when looking at this texture, so many bits to look at and enjoy with a wide range of skills and variation.

Areas for Improvement:
There isn't much to criticize here and the skin is really good. I also think you've put a ton of effort into this skin so whilst it's rating and approval will be high these AfI suggestions are what would elevate, so takes these less as criticisms and more as what can be done to make a good texture even better. Firstly, the Kodo's head in contrast to a lot of the skin is quite plain and you've slipped a little in terms of the detailing and shading etc present compared to the rest of the skin especially under the chin and on top of the head. There are a couple of areas (only 1 or 2) where more mid tones could be used to make the transition from dark to light a little smoother. Lastly, you have the glow on the pink heart monitor style screen and on a couple of the blue lights but I think some of the other lights could also benefit from that small glow.

Conclusion:
A really, really good texture which is a great example of how far you have came as an artist and a great contribution to the skins section. A lot for me to praise and talk about too with also a couple of points I've highlighted to elevate the skin. Easily approved as High Quality.

Level 21
This plus replace the original aura with
and the background drum march noises to some party music and you're set 🎼 🎶🎵🎶🎵