• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Killing Spree 1.2 [Official]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
WC3ScrnShot_011112_005039_01.jpg

Created by Gold1

Killing Spree

Summary

Hero survival game where up to 6 players fight through 45 levels of waves and 5 insane boss battles.
Take control of 1 of 14 unique heros and enter the arena with a total of 30 lives that you and your team must defend from the enemy. Each wave spawns 60 seconds after the previous. Waves after boss fights spawn 30 after the boss is killed (except final boss of course.) There are no tomes. Instead players must buy and combine items to increase their chances of survival. Boss fights in this game are actual boss fights and will challenge players during the encounters. If you feel they aren't... just try the final boss (Level 50). Only one word can be used to describe it... EPIC...

Suggested number of players: 3-6
Estimated game time: 00:50:00 (50 minutes) - 1:20:00 (1 hour 20 minutes)

Credits:
assasin_lord for HeroGlow model
-Grendel for Obsidian Overlord model
PeeKay for Absolute Enchanted icon
PeeKay for Fire Boot icon
PeeKay for Sapphire icon
Mc ! for Gold Gloves icon
-Berz- for Slam icon
CloudWolf for Magic Aura icon
Hellx-Magnus for Raven black Armor icon

Details

Levels
The first level begins one minute after the game has started.
Players have the option to -repick to select another character
of their choice, but after one minute this option is disabled.
Level 1: Skeletal Warrior
Level 2: Militia
Level 3: Ghoul
Level 4: Footman
Level 5: Huntress
Level 6: Archer
Level 7: Rifleman
Level 8: Raider
Level 9: Troll Headhunter
Level 10 - Boss 1: Cold Claw

Level 11: Crypt Fiend
Level 12: Water Elemental
Level 13: Kodo Beast
Level 14: Tauren
Level 15: Abomination
Level 16: Knight
Level 17: Druid of the Claw (Bear Form)
Level 18: Gargoyle
Level 19: Gryphon Rider
Level 20 - Boss 2: Fusious

Level 21: Gryocopter
Level 22: Wyvern
Level 23: Hippogryph Rider
Level 24: Chimaera
Level 25: Frost Wyrm
Level 26: Paladin
Level 27: Tauren Chieftain
Level 28: Dreadlord
Level 29: Demon Hunter
Level 30 - Boss 3: Onyx

Level 31: Satyr Hellcaller
Level 32: Storm Wyrm
Level 33: Furbolg Ursa Warrior
Level 34: Brood Mother
Level 35: Green Dragon
Level 36: Bronze Dragon
Level 37: Nerubian Queen
Level 38: Necromancer
Level 39: Blue Dragon
Level 40 - Boss 4: Leonidas

Level 41: Dark Troll Warlord
Level 42: Berserk Wildkin
Level 43: Ancient Sasquatch
Level 44: Granite Golem
Level 45: Bandit Lord
Level 46: Ice Revenant
Level 47: Dark Wizard
Level 48: Siege Golem
Level 49: Rat
Level 50 - Boss 5: Zen'Kazud the Destroyer of Worlds
Items
Combinations
Item combinations are a big part of the game. Players must buy recipes and other items to combine to make better items.
Items combine automatically once the appropriate items are in a heros inventory.
There are no tomes in this game. I wanted to give players a more advanced/different way of becoming more powerful to take on each level.
Note: If by chance your item does not combine, simply drop one or both of the required items and pick them back up. I am currently remaking this trigger.

Gemstones
Gemstones play a major role in the game and replace your wood currency. Gemstones upgrade certain items you will acquire throughout the game to make them even greater then before.

Here is a list of the Gemstones in the game:

Enchanted Gemstone - Cost: 1 Gemstone Token
Epic Gemstone - Cost: 3 Gemstone Token
Superior Gemstone - Cost: 5 Gemstone Token
Rare Gemstone - Cost: 7 Gemstone Token
Legendary Gemstone - Cost: N/A This item must be earned by obtaining 500 kills.

To purchase a gemstone you will need a Gemstone Token (wood).
Gemstone Tokens can be purchased for 5,000 gold adding one to the currency (wood).
Legendary Gemstones can only be earned by obtaining 500 kills. Once this is done the player is given one Legendary Gemstone currency (food) which makes the player eligible to purchase this. Legendary Gemstones can only be bought once per player.
Heros
With a total of 14 heros, only up to 6 can enter the arena.
Each hero has unique custom made abilities with a max level of 10 and max ultimate level of 3 and different auras to help compliment other heros.
9 DPS (Damge Per Second) heros
3 Healing heros
2 Tanking heros

Max hero level 120
Completing the game is possible without a healer, but is best to have at least 1 with the group.
Lives
There is a total of 30 lives per game players must defend.
If any unit owned by the enemy (brown) reaches the circle of power at the bottom of the map, players will lose 1 life.
If any boss reaches this point players will lose 10 lives. If the final boss reaches this point then its game over.
Other Features
Banks
Each player is given a bank to deposit/withdraw items from. This feature is great in case if you have thieves.

Income
Income is 30 gold every 3 seconds of the game.
Healers receive an additional 10 gold every 3 seconds.
The full overview of the map.
WC3ScrnShot_010512_052627_02.jpg
Gameplay Image
WC3ScrnShot_120411_014502_01jhhbujhbu.jpg
Gamplay Image
WC3ScrnShot_010412_140752_01.gif

Updates
Killing_Spree_1.1c__Official_.w3m - Fixed some MAJOR bugs/errors i over looked in making changes.

Killing_Spree_1.2__Official_.w3m - Changes listed below.

The damage of War Stomp for Avenger has been reduced. As well as the cooldown and mana cost.
Final boss' attack damage has been increased.
On Lvl 30 golems now increase the attack damage of Onyx
More units have been added to levels 41-49, increasing changes of getting a legendary item.
Many text errors fixed.
Frost Infernal armor has been reduced.
Fixed error with banks where -repick would remove it from the game.
Legendary items stats have been tripled, making them feel more legendary.
Heros have been balanced more.
Item prices have been lowered.
New items.
Many bugs fixed.
The models for Hell hound and The Sentinel have been changed.

Killing_Spree_1.2a__Official_.w3m - Changes listed below.

Shop error has been fixed.

Killing_Spree_1.2b__Official_.w3m - Changes listed below.

Lvl 30 boss fight has been corrected and is now working properly
This map is protected to help reduce file size.

Keywords:
Killing Spree, survival, Hero Defense, Gold1
Contents

Killing Spree 1.2 [Official] (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Jan/23 18:51:34 Reasons: Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Jan/23 18:51:34

Reasons:
Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial
Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Almost no custom spells, some heroes have the exact same spells with just a different title and icon.
The druid healer, I would imagine, is the most boring hero, because to be quite honest, it's not that much fun when all of your spells only heal your allies and you don't really have any cool damaging skills.
A quest log with the credits and info and tips would also be nice.
The terrain is also unattractive and not that detailed. Check out the tutorials section on that issue.
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 28
i'm downloading it right now

EDIT:

GOOD THINGS

1.Sounds

The sound is epic!!!

2.Items

Putting a lot of item really helps a lot.

BAD THINGS
1.What special on this map?

Yup the item having recipe in this kind of game is somewhat special and the gemstone is unique but after you bought your items all you have to is to kill kill and kill. Or if there is a special event that i missed just tell it.

2.The game is not balance

It is hard to survive if you play it solo.
I don't know if this game should be play in solo because the player suggestion is smart, is that really supposed to be smart? so it means you can't play it if you are dumb? Also why there is two Fountain of Mana? It would be better if you change it to one Fountain of Mana and Fountain of Life.

3.Hero Selection Placement error

I can kill heroes on the hero selection by using rohash(cause he is the only hero that i played long) with his skill Pillar of Frost and his ultimate Frost Inferno. Try to move them where you can't kill them or just lower the cast range of the spells.

4.Custom Spells

Most of the spells are default war3 spells, you just edit there damage,duration of effects, etc.

5.Terrain

Not that good really but also not bad because i understand that the middle part are supposed to be the battlefield but why don't put more doodads that will fit the killing zone and also add a weather effect(rain will be epic).

Total Score:
1/5

Last edited:
Level 6
From what u calling out "bad things" i can say this about them.

1. Whats special on the map?

Making a legendary item is the most special event that can happen in the game. To do this u have to keep upgrading items with gemstones. Yes you have to keep killing cause thats the only way u can keep units from taking your lives. But once you have killed enough your eligible for legendary.

2. The game IS balanced.

The game is very balanced. i have gotten to round 49 on my own. yes it was hard on the first few levels but it gets easier once u collect the money.
There is no purpose to having a fountain of health (in my opinion) if you solo you can collect items to increase your health Regen enough to the point u wont need a well. Thats what healers are for anyways.
On a side note i am making the levels to where they scale from the number of players in the game.

3. I will be making these units invulnerable.

4. Yes, and that's what customization is.

5. I will look into changing the terrain soon.

Thanks for your feedback.