• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Kill Streaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Level 28
dota's steaks sounds. o.o
You mean the ones from Unreal Tournament, right? Because DotA just copied those (they're by no means "DotA's streak sounds").
Direct download link.
Unpack, import them and replace them in the trigger "Setup Streak Sounds".

I use to make some more advanced GUI Kill streak systems then the ones here on hive
I can't really see how you can get more 'advanced', they're just sounds after you get some kills :p.

Level 7
I can't really see how you can get more 'advanced', they're just sounds after you get some kills :p.

1. I made it so I can detect if people where saved by an ally.
2. Kills would have decimals for the amount they did in an Assist. (making the frowned on kill stealing gone)
3. Came with an Assist System
4. Came with the Multiboard
5. If you rebalanced the game or shifted them to another team, the Multiboard would fix its perfect
6. if a person left the multiboard would shrink to a size as if the player never existed taking up less space in the top right corner for players.
7. High Config
8. Works up to 14 Players because people do often use Neutrals in AOS games for lane units
9. It knew if you stole someones kill
10. Flawless kills
11. Humilation Kills
12. Multi kill up to 6 units
13. 10 different streak Sounds + multikill sounds
14. Totally not Advanced at all, nope, nope.

Spree System on Crack. It takes forever to make but once its made, you don't really need to touch much of it at all.

For an AOS game, this system means everything.

Level 28
1: That's nice.
2: Seems more like a scoreboard than a killing spree system.
3: That is not part of the system, but a modular component that can be added.
4: Shouldn't be part of the system (I always prefer personalized multiboards, not pre-made ones).
5, 6: Relates to something that shouldn't be part of the system.
9, 10, 11: That's also nice :p.
7, 8, 12, 13: These are not really features, but should be default in any good system.
14: Sarcasm detected.

Anyway, seems good.
I'm not a huge fan of multiboards in a system, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.