• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Khaz'amul

In the times when the Titans were still creating Azeroth, to keep the treasures and secrets buried by the Titans own hands Khaz'goroth, the creator or many artifacts from that time, granted domination over the earth and deep places of the world to the noble Neltharion, who later became known as Deathwing. As a mark of union between Titans and dragons Neltharion, by his own will, granted a piece of his own hearth to Khaz'goroth, witch he has used by turning it to a shard and he made an artifact to be his home, an artifact of great power, later known as Khaz'amul. Jet as time was passing the power corrupted Neltharion and he become Deathwing now decades later as he arises once again an unknown hero appears wielding Khaz'amul, witch still holds the piece of Neltharion noble power witch he has long lost, to put an end to life of the wicked Deathwing

just for a note this has some WoW real facts but most of it is just my imagination

model made for a challange here is model with no pollys cutten down

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1436006-post20.html

UPDATE: added animated texture and also if you have problems with it just set on bouth material layers on material layer 00FDB0A8 to only possible animated texture
(didnt bother to make new screnshoot)
added new screenshoot and a particle

UPDARE: added new particle and remade the older one, fixed animate texture and added preview image

Keywords:
blade, sword, titan, sacred, ancient, powerful, old, dragon
Contents

Khaz'amul (Model)

Reviews
16:38, 24th Apr 2010 DonDustin: looks really awesome.

M

16:38, 24th Apr 2010
DonDustin: looks really awesome.

Level 30
Poly Count

Recommended?

I think it's very unprofessional how most moderators judge..
In my opinion the judgement should be based on certain things assembled as: low file size? Good wrap? Useful? Unique idea?

It's like if you would do a model with 1k polies then it would probably look really damned awesome and you would get recommended?
Just saying I think it's wrong.

Nice sword though.

Level 26
Poly Count

Recommended?

I think it's very unprofessional how most moderators judge..
In my opinion the judgement should be based on certain things assembled as: low file size? Good wrap? Useful? Unique idea?

It's like if you would do a model with 1k polies then it would probably look really damned awesome and you would get recommended?
Just saying I think it's wrong.

Nice sword though.
well...it is a nice sword, with a better design compared to most others submitted here. But it just has a nice design, it misses some effects like particles, ribbons or texture animations to make it rewally awesome.
Oh and about your judgement criterias: for this model it would be: low file size: yes, good wrap: yes, useful: yes, unique idea: yes. But just because it meets these criterias, it still does not deserve a dircetors cut, because most of the submitted models meet those standards.

Level 31
I would make the Material of the CrystalOpaque texture to Filter Mode Add Alpha.
Then it looks more like a crystal.
Nice sword anyway. I love the BronzeDragon part.

What a pitty that the poly count is so high.
On the BronzeDragon part you could have made less polies with the same result, but it would be dumb to remake it.
Will you fix the texture animation?

Level 30
well...it is a nice sword, with a better design compared to most others submitted here. But it just has a nice design, it misses some effects like particles, ribbons or texture animations to make it rewally awesome.
Oh and about your judgement criterias: for this model it would be: low file size: yes, good wrap: yes, useful: yes, unique idea: yes. But just because it meets these criterias, it still does not deserve a dircetors cut, because most of the submitted models meet those standards.

no its not on the low scale, its on the mid scale actually