• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kargath Bladefist

This is a model I created from Grommash Hellscream's one to give Shattered Hand Clan Leader Kargath Bladefist.
It can use the same skills and it is available in several versions; with green skin and gray skin. Each version is available in right-handed or left-handed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 21/08/21 :

I improve a few pieces of the armor to move away from the Grom model and be even closer to the Kargath model in WOD / in the movie. I also improve the animation and the portrait

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LORE : Kargath Bladefist was raised a slave by the ogres of Gorian Empire. He was imprisoned and held beneath Highmaul for many years. Striving for his own freedom, he became a gladiator fighting in the Highmaul arena. The price to earn his own freedom was to take one hundred orcish lives while fighting in the arena. Having won every battle against his opponents, Kargath marched out of Highmaul, only to discover the promise of freedom to be a lie. Kargath was thrown in a dungeon beneath the arena, and desperately severed his hand, which was bound by shackles, in frustration and rage. The other orc slaves, seeing his resolve, followed in his footsteps and did the same. They followed Kargath in his uprising against the ogres and helped him slay the emperor. Kargath showed the severed head of the emperor to his followers, and they raised their severed hands, armed with blades, cheering at him. This moment marked the birth of the Shattered Hand clan.
Previews
Contents

Icons (Icon)

Icons (green version) (Icon)

Kargath Bladefist (Model)

Kargath Bladefist (green version) (Model)

Kargath Bladefist (green version) - portrait (Model)

Kargath Bladefist - portrait (Model)

Level 13
Again, while my comment doesn't matter and I personally can't comment on it, since I no longer own Reforged. I still have to say how awesome this looks and give a thumbs up. Well done. You keep giving a breath taking model after a breath taking model.

Level 34
Again a very nice model!
The ,,Green Version" is not green enough for my taste, but I love your approach with the "green pigment disorders" as in the Warcraft movie.
(Is there a way to change the angle at which he holds his sword (can you say that?). Nothing gamebreaking, but:
With Attack Slam, Attack 2 and Attack Whirlwind it looks more like he wants to hit his opponent with the broad side of his sword, instead of cutting them to pieces.)

I am amazed at the speed at which you put out these great models!

Again a very nice model!
The ,,Green Version" is not green enough for my taste, but I love your approach with the "green pigment disorders" as in the Warcraft movie.
(Is there a way to change the angle at which he holds his sword (can you say that?). Nothing gamebreaking, but:
With Attack Slam, Attack 2 and Attack Whirlwind it looks more like he wants to hit his opponent with the broad side of his sword, instead of cutting them to pieces.)

I am amazed at the speed at which you put out these great models!

Thank you. I chose to give him a light green skin like in the movie because for me it make sens that he is not as green as the other orcs since his skin was white before.
I see what you mean with the blade but the only way is to change the angle and it will look weird with

The whirlwind animation does not live up to the rest of the model tbh

It's the original whirlwind animation, I post this GIF just in order to show that the animation still works after my changes

Fel Orc version please!

Hi Ardenaso, I've seen on several of my posts that you want fel orc version, for the moment I unfortunately have not planned gangr'orc versions of my models because it required a lot of time and I am part of a team that counts on me on many classic orc models. Maybe later who knows!

Kargath had a blade in place of his left hand though.

If I was dishonest I would answer you that even blizzard is not clear on this subject since several official artwork presents kargath with a scythe instead of his right hand :wink:.

The truth is that I know it should be the left hand but since the attack animation is with the right hand on the basic model I had to do it like that.:sad:

Level 12
Could you check the left-handed version again, because I noticed that it cannot be targeted in game. If I move the cursor over it, there's no circle around the unit. I can only target it with the rectangle, and other friendly units can't target it at all.

Could you check the left-handed version again, because I noticed that it cannot be targeted in game. If I move the cursor over it, there's no circle around the unit. I can only target it with the rectangle, and other friendly units can't target it at all.

Hi, I checked the model and yes, in some cases I notice the same issue. I'v upload a new version, have a try.

Level 6
Artwork differs on whether it's his left or right arm, so I'm glad to see you've decided to supply both. Why is this in substandard, again?

Artwork differs on whether it's his left or right arm, so I'm glad to see you've decided to supply both. Why is this in substandard, again?
As far as I understand the judging was not adjusted for Reforeged and operates as if the models were SD.
While it doesn't state in the rules, the decision appear to be that models should be custom and not made form existing geosets, no matter how much work is put into them.
But this might (must) change in the future, simply because how much more work there is to do for Reforged models:
- Multiple complex to deal with nodes (attaching a bow to a non archer unit will take DAYS of work)
- Way more detailed, separate textures (1. for different parts of model, such as head, pauldrons, weapons, etc.), (2. as well as 3-4 types of textures, Diffuse, Normal, ORM and sometimes Emissive)
- And of course much more complexity in the geoset itself

While it is true that some simple edits might not need to ¨steal¨ the spotlight from advanced models, the rules must apply fairly for Reforged.. just check all ¨substandard¨ models, and judge for yourself compared to accepted SD models.

The Portrait work not for me. WHY ?
Is it a bug in the portrait or it's just that the portrait is not displayed ?
If it's the second, You only have to import model and portrait model, import the skin and remove "wc3imported...etc" from the name and it will work.

If it's the first, please describe the problem.

Level 4
Insame model! Ok i figured out how to use them and stuff but is it possible to use green and white Kargath in the same map? If yes how i have to name the texture?

Insame model! Ok i figured out how to use them and stuff but is it possible to use green and white Kargath in the same map? If yes how i have to name the texture?
To be able to use the two models I would have to give the texture another name. I'll try to fix it tonight

EDIT : you can now play with both versions in the same map

Last edited: