• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kael (Blood Mage) recolor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recolor Kael so that his body armor that is currently red can be teamcolored ?

Level 4
This takes a lot more than a recolor to do properly. The team colored part of Kael is a seperate part of his armor, and team coloring the armor would have a team-colored rectangle sticking out around his neck armor part.

well someone did it already with this model I atttached (except it's all white like in dota).... If not team colored, would it be possible to just color that red armor to blue (on original model, not this white one) ? Coz i'm gonna be using it for blue color only

Attachments

• Hero_BloodElf.blp
    74.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Recoloring it to one specific color requires much less skill and work than being able to separate one piece of a model into two and have them animate properly while also adding the transparency where the red armor used to be and is much harder to do than a recolor while maintaining a realistic texture, which is what it would take for all of the Blood Mage's red armor to be able to team color.

Next time please save time by specifying exactly what you need, and what you can compromise on so you can save a lot of time for people who are doing free work for you.

Untested model

Attachments

• BloodMageBlue.zip
    300.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Level 4
Recoloring it to one specific color requires much less skill and work than being able to separate one piece of a model into two and have them animate properly while also adding the transparency where the red armor used to be and is much harder to do than a recolor while maintaining a realistic texture, which is what it would take for all of the Blood Mage's red armor to be able to team color.

Next time please save time by specifying exactly what you need, and what you can compromise on so you can save a lot of time for people who are doing free work for you.

Untested model

Excellent! Thank you very much! Well I wanted teamcolor, in case I will use it in other future maps, but since I always use blue color for "caster race" I figured this would be easier. Sorry if I didn't tought of it before. I'll add you to map credits for your work, cheers!

Level 4

Untested model
Hi again, 1 tiny problem I just noticed. When using your keal model, his portrait is messed up, could you also send me a portrait file please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.