• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just a couple terrain screenshots from my single player map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Just a couple terrain screenshots from my single player map (please don't ask when I'm going to release it, believe me I have no clue XD)

But for those who are wondering, the map and story are based off a character named "ZX of the Darkness" and his backstory involving the Village Hidden in the Snow and his demonic conquest for the title of Yukikage (not gonna list the full thing here, that's for another thread lol)

Anyways here are terrain shots. I'm still a novice terrainer so I'm still getting used to using elevation properly and such.

(PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NO DOODADS IN PLACE YET)

O6uFyHH.jpg

UQ39uwX.jpg

Level 30
Its me again who commented on your terrain about Survive the Night. I ould like to help you with your terraining so here is some tips for you: Terrain is so empty, no trees and no doodads. FIll up some doodads and trees on it. Terrain is not flat, good job! The way you mix the tilesets is quite bad, I suggest not mixing grass with Ice Tilesets except if this ice place is near on a forest. That's all, good uck with terraining again!

Level 18
I agree with Hell Master to a certain level, When using a Snow biome area, Rolling Hills tend to have mainly pure Snow on them, due to people not walking on them, the snow would be untouched. Then nearer the bottom of the hills you start to get rock, grass showing, usually paths have some ice on them, but not much and most ice will be in place instead of water. Doodad wise, i know there are none in place, but in a scene of cold and snow, frost etc, you wouldn't see much wildlife, most wildlife would be hibernating. Also also of woodland would have died due to the cold. Except for Pine, Pine is excellent at staying alive during the winter seasons, most other things though like shrubbery and grass would be dead. Also used dead wood trees, that would give a good "cold" feel to the map. As most trees that have leaves, would be dead.

Also you could perhaps get rid of most of the water on the second picture, as it would've iced over, and there would only be patches of water, from where people have walked, etc..

Again, sorry if i am being blunt, i am just giving my opinion across, and judging from the mini-map, this level is very winter based.

Status
Not open for further replies.