• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jusqu'à l'effondrement/ Till Colapse

- Jusqu'à l'effondrement / Till Collapse (TC) -

Description: The ground is open and to reveal a hidden underground world ... Dark and not welcoming! Do you dare to take a tour of the estate ...

General Info:

Players: 2v2 / 1v1 / FFA
Size: 116 x 112
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

8 Goldmines (10)
2 Shops
4 Labs
1 Tavern

Creepcamps:

12 Green
14 Orange
4 Red (6 - 1v1)
Previews
Contents

Jusqu'à l'effondrement/ Till Colapse (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So, another map uploaded around christmas :wcool: This one reminds me of the Wailing Caverns of WoW. However, visually it seems that there is room for improvement. In particular, there could be more variation of tiles, instead of many large all-grey...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So, another map uploaded around christmas :wcool:

This one reminds me of the Wailing Caverns of WoW. However, visually it seems that there is room for improvement. In particular, there could be more variation of tiles, instead of many large all-grey or all-green patches.

In terms of gameplay:
1. The map has quite a unique layout. The players spawn very close to each other, so I imagine there will be many rushes and generally short and vicious games.
2. The corner "caves" are a nice complement to this. Each team still has a chance to expand between in between the players.
3. While the map work should be fine for 2v2, I'm not convinced it will also work fo 1v1.
4. The trees are quite far away from the main buildng, which is annoying for all races except nightelves.
5. Creeps and itemdrops are mostly fine, but there could be a few more powerups overall, especially for the golems at the starting positions.
6. The critters in front of the starting positions will be removed if a player spawns there. Better to move them to the all-skeleton camps.
7. While the dust fits well with the theme of the map, it's also quite distracting.
8. Why are the lvl-4-permanent-kobold camps not on camp stance? Luckily, it doesnt matter, given their positions. But still, I dont see a reason for it.

So over, the map works as it is. Therefore map approved. But it could still need some polishment, in particular to make the outer parts of the map more interesting visually.