• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Jurassic Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been working on this on-and-off for about a year and a half, but only seriously started a few weeks ago, in my spare time after work.

To be brief, it is your run-of-the-mill survival game, with the added elements of choosing a class (Engineer, Mechanic, Biologist, Poacher), and frequent relocation, rather than bunkering down.

It's based off of Jurassic Park Survival EE v7.2b, and is essentially the same thing, but hopefully on a larger scale. I'm aiming to add more strategic elements to it, fix bugs, and be able to respond to demands for change.

Github
Map

It's not yet playable, but if you open it up, you can build a few structures, and dinosaurs will spawn and come after you (You won't last long). I'm particularly proud of the scout tower, which creates a moveable cone of vision in a direction.

pNWe7hb.jpg

6CMC3Hb.jpg

X4dH7eR.jpg

CrAsmh1.jpg

fUTSTjs.jpg

4xyo8fL.jpg

CONCLUSION
I've learned a lot from all the tutorials posted around here, and would like to give back to the community that still provides me and my friends with fun mods to spend time on. In return, feel free to use any and all elements of this map, including code, for your own purposes, and please look forward to its release (estimated, 2050).

I put quite a lot of effort into most of the terrain, and regret making it the biggest size possible, but if someone wants to re-purpose some or all of it, I'd be glad. Mention my name too, if you feel so inclined.

I'll update this post, and Github, as I make progress, so check it out every few weeks. Anyone who wants to help, feel free to take a look at the issues to find somewhere to help out, or just start doing your own thing. I'd be happy to take you on board.

Last edited:
Level 1
Sorry, the map is on Github. I made a link to the specific file, though.

I'll spend some time tonight writing up a few paragraphs describing the game, and different mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.