• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Troll Tomahawk

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A simple, crudely made 1-handed axe. Predominantly used by the Jungle Trolls.

My first ever finished model. Im in the process of making some weapons, armours and units for an RPG Campaign and thought i'd upload some for feedback. All criticism is helpful, thanks :)

Texture Path:

Axt.blp

Keywords:
Axe, Troll, Tomahawk, jungle, weapon, attachment
Contents

Jungle Troll Tomahawk (Model)

Reviews
20:33, 25th Sep 2015 Misha: the model's handle is really too detailed to mesh with the badly meshed and wrapped rock bit, which makes me think you took something from someone else.. also the model lacks a death animation, where everything...

M

20:33, 25th Sep 2015
Misha: the model's handle is really too detailed to mesh with the badly meshed and wrapped rock bit, which makes me think you took something from someone else.. also the model lacks a death animation, where everything disappears.. rejected

Level 12
The model itself is nice, especially the handle looks good. I don't get the shape of the blade though, maybe that's the form jungle trolls use :)..

The wood texture is ok but the blade texture is really blurry and low res.

Generally I like seeing custom textures but this one just doesn't cut it.
It's really undefined, blurred and badly wrapped(especially on the blade).

Logical step would be to wrap the whole thingy with in-game textures instead.
I recall that fitting ones should be located in the Orc(RoC/TFT) and Night Elf(RoC) Loading Screens.

I'm sure that it would look a mile better than it is now.

Also, try adding some bandages on the hilt to give it more detail(and personality of course).

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This is neither a unit nor a doodad and it is unnecessary to add all races as categories.