• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JC's Naga Temple

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Reactions: Ićpomp
JC's Naga Temple

Suggested Players: 1v1, 2v2, FFA
Map Size: Medium (Playable: 124x124 | Full: 160x160
Tileset: Sunken Ruins
Map Description: Ringed by gold mines, the Fountain of Health beckons. Expand quickly or risk being crushed by your opponents.
Author: @JCarrill0

DISCLAIMER: This is one of my first maps when I was young. I will say this is pretty basic, but my kids said I need to post it here anyways.
(If anything it's uploaded online where I can download it if I ever were to loose it.)
Contents

JC's Naga Temple (Map)

Reviews
Remixer
Review - JC's Naga Temple (Version August 9th 2023) Synopsis: JC's Naga Temple is an edit of the original map (4) Lost Temple. The map is changed to feature the Sunken Ruins tileset with the thematic transition carrying over also in creeps and other...
Level 16
here is another effort to preserve some of these maps I've made the last few years, I am uploading these sub-par maps here since my laptop recently took a crash and I nearly lost everything and have no backups.

The idea behind this was to first create a Melee version which we did, and then a custom version which then adds Naga as a playable race, but we have yet to get it to work properly, so this is just a standard Melee Version.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Review - JC's Naga Temple
(Version August 9th 2023)
Synopsis: JC's Naga Temple is an edit of the original map (4) Lost Temple. The map is changed to feature the Sunken Ruins tileset with the thematic transition carrying over also in creeps and other aesthetics. In addition, the corner islands have been split from the rest of the map, only giving access to them with Zeppelin. Overall the map looks a little more cluttered than the original one with no clear improvements over the default version.
Map Aesthetics: The changes done do not improve visual clarity - Ruins Canopy trees are very obstructive. In addition, there are more awkward gaps between trees to allow units to reach spots that they are not intended to reach.
Map Layout: The layout separates the corner islands from the rest, restricting access to them. The somewhat awkward original placement of the Goblin Laboratories and Goblin Merchants hasn't been changed or improved on.
Neutral Objectives: The neutral objectives seem similar to the original, just different tileset.
Map Gameplay: Similar to the original one.

Recommendations:
None.

Notes: Setting to Lacking as it doesn't necessarily improve the original map.