• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Javelin Item (make attachment disappear after usage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
(NEED EXPLAINATION) Javelin Item

(I'm sorry if this is already on this part of the forums, but i didn't see it.)

Ok, I want to have a Javelin item. Pretty simple, but i want to make it an active object. But when you use it the item (and attachment) disappears from the owner, and when it hits the target the item drops where the enemy was. Then the owner has to go retrieve it to use it again. But how do you do it?

If my description is good and you still don't get it,think of it like the Spear in Island Trolls.

Thanks in advance to everyone for taking time to read and reply to this problem.

Last edited:
Level 16
You would need to create:
1 Item
2 Abilities
1 Trigger

Ability 1:
Base this one on "Item Armor Bonus". Set it's Defense Bonus value to 0 and add your attachment to Target Attachment.

Ability 2:
Base this one on "Firebolt" and change it to an item ability. Change it's stats and it's missile to the same as your attachment.

Item:
Base the item on whichever you want, just change these two values: "Actively Used" to true. And "Used Automatically When Aquired" to false.

Trigger:
  • Throw javelin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Javelin (Throw)
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Caster of type Javelin)
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • Item - Create Javelin at (Position of Target)

Status
Not open for further replies.