1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Solved] JassHelper failed me

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by edo494, Jul 19, 2012.

1. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I have a problem with JassHelper.
    Is ther any limits in number of lines on trigger when the compiler still compiles?
    I have trigger with around 568 lines of code but most of them is /* */ or // but it doesnt work, I mean when I press save map it saves but JassHelper wont compile it.
    I worked 10 minutes before that happend, but if the first is not the case, is there any bitton disabling JassHelper from working?
    Because when I was typing I have pressed alt and then something like shift+B or IDK what exactly.
    Any help?
    PS: Im on mobile right now so cant test anything and also sorry for grammar errors.

2. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    By "not compiling", you mean you're getting compile errors, or what?

And don't worry, the max length is approximately 2.1 billion characters or something. (I think)

3. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    it doesnt even run, i press ctrl s and it save the map but jasshelper wont even start to translate that code
    2.1b? ah standard programming limits :D

basically you know how it pops up the "loadin" when saving and right after that the jasshelper "loads"?
    the jasshelper acually doesnt :D

edit: sorry for so late respond

4. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Something might be wrong with your configuration.
    Check out this tutorial to make sure your configuration of JNGP is the same as the one given.

Oh, and my mistake, it's actually 4.2 billion :p
    It could be more on 64bit machines I think, but I just don't know.

5. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    it happens to me too, it saves but cant compile, all I did was log out and restart my computer...

6. KhaosMachine

KhaosMachine

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Antivirus

7. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    antivirus has nothing to do with this, it worked I was testing the trigger then I added documentation to globals and the JassHelper stopped working
    PS: still cant test it right now :D

--------------------------------------------------

Im now on computer for short moment and found out its like fu..ed up...
    It doesnt compile, yet I have everything set as it should be.

Another problem is it is not map specified problem, it happens on all my maps and also when I try to select text with draging instead of going blue it goes white and I cant see what I've selected(this may be another problem but didnt happen yesterday when JH worked :( )
    So maybe Ill have to reinstall whole JNGP again :/

edit: the color is just TESH options changed, thats fixed, the JH still doesnt work even through I have enable JassHelper ticked(or w/e you want to call it)

--------------------------------------------------

WHAT THE F?
    I reinstalled whole JNGP but it still doesnt compile ://////
    :vw_sad:

from my findings copying the triggers to clear map compiles just fine so the map has some problem.

edit: fixed it, IDK what caused that JH to not compile but I copied the whole map to another one and it now works. THX for your help all anyways

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012