• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS or no JASS tell me what you think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been doing wc3 maps for about 2~3 years, and I'm pretty good now, I can do almost everything I wan in GUI and manage to do pretty cool stuff... But I've never tried JASS and I don't know a single JASS thing.

I looked a bit in the tutorials but the first time I tried to learn JASS i finally gave up and i don't know if it's because I got a poor tutorial or what so...

What I learned back there is all forgotten and was only about 3 or 4 functions as basic as writing text...

Considering there might be a WC4 or some end to wc3 (popularity or blizzard shut down servers or who know what...) would it be worth it learn JASS now? If so anyone can recommend me a specific tutorial that helped them?

By the way I'm usually a fast learner... I'm usually at top of the class unless it's too much a pain (really lazy...) like sciences or french class...(I'm a french quebecer (no not from france))

As long as its pretty much of an "exciting" tutorial it should be ok but some tutorials are just so boring...And it's not because its computer language because I tried C++ and Ruby and got prety good with them at a time (forgot everything cause it was useless and too much a pain to remember...:con:)

Level 6
Is JASS used in any other game/map maker or what so ever? For the tutorials I think I'll look into that maybe today if I have time but am pretty busy or alway with friends so I'll have to find time for it :at:

Status
Not open for further replies.