• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Jass Cinematic system help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello

I'm trying to use the jass cinematic system and everytime i try to make my own trigger in it, i get some weird errors

For example error1 : expected a function name
and error2 : expected '('

I don't know any jass, and i'm clueless to what this means. Can anyone please explain me how to fix this?

LH

Attachments

• Error1.jpg
    Error1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 93
  • Error2.jpg
    Error2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 95
You're calling functions wrongly: the lines should be:
JASS:
call UnitSlide( unit code, -9571, -14306.6, 40 ) //If I can see the right numbers
// The other one
call ActorAssign( unit code )

The "unit code" I put above is a weird code xD
I suggest you to do like this:
  • Set tempUnit = Your unit
  • Custom script: call UnitSlide(udg_tempUnit, -9571, -14306.6, 40)
  • -------- The other --------
  • Set tempUnit = Blademaster of the Blackrock Clan 0303 <gen>
  • Custom script: call ActorAssign(udg_tempUnit)

Level 6
Thank you very much, i'll try it right away.

Edit: Arf i did what you said but i have this error now : expected a function name and expected a function.
Myabe i can try with the unit code thing? How do i get a unit's code?

Go to the Object Editor and "View > Object Values as Raw Data".

Then just put the code that appears near the unit in which you want to slide.

Show us your functions. I strongly suggest either learning JASS officially or using GUI JASS. (Use Custom Scripts to perform your actions)

Did you implement the system correctly? According to your errors, it seems like you didn't put the system in the map header. To do so, copy the whole map header of the Cinematic System (just click the map name and copy the code) then just paste it into your own map header.

And instead of actually entering the x and y values, I suggest you place a region, retrieve the center of the region in a location variable, get the x and y of that location, null and remove the location, then use the coordinates for that function.

Sorry if all this is confusing. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.