• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Tresure Chest Color Glow

Level 5
Hello, I wanted some help on glow, I wanted to know if there is any way to add hero glow in treasure chests. I'll leave a screenshot as an example.

Example
1693755046624.png

Level 14
Of course it is possible. You can use
JASS:
Bitmap {
        Image "",
        ReplaceableId 1,
    }
as a texture for your material.
Keep in mind that applies for geosets and not for ParticleEmitters.
The color of a particle effect in Warcraft III cannot be directly changed to player color using the ParticleEmitter2 system or its configuration. ParticleEmitter2 is limited in its ability to dynamically adapt to player colors because it relies on static values for its parameters.

Last edited:
Level 5
Of course it is possible. You can use
JASS:
Bitmap {
        Image "",
        ReplaceableId 1,
    }
as a texture for your material.
Keep in mind that applies for geosets and not for ParticleEmitters.
The color of a particle effect in Warcraft III cannot be directly changed to player color using the ParticleEmitter2 system or its configuration. ParticleEmitter2 is limited in its ability to dynamically adapt to player colors because it relies on static values for its parameters.
Thanks for the explanation, but I wanted to add the object models of the items with each one having a glow of a color based on the rarity of the item.

Example uncommon item with green glow, rare item with blue glow and so on.

I tried to do it in ReteraModelStudio, but I couldn't.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can create a Special Effect anywhere on the map using triggers:
  • Set Variable Point = ...
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using Glow.mdl
So nothing is stopping you from creating a Special Effect at the position of an Item.

You can then use an Item Indexer to link the Item and the Special Effect together:
  • Set Variable Item = (Some item)
  • Set Variable Point = (Position of Item)
  • Set Variable Item_Glow[(Custom value of Item)] = (Last created special effect)
Which makes destroying the Special Effect later on as simple as this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Variable Item = (Item being manipulated)
    • Special Effect - Destroy Item_Glow[(Custom value of Item)]
Then when a unit Loses an item you can repeat this process and create the Special Effect again. Just remember to check if the lost item actually exists, since it may have been sold to a shop and removed from the game permanently.

Last edited:
Level 5
You can create a Special Effect anywhere on the map using triggers:
  • Set Variable Point = ...
So nothing is stopping you from creating a Special Effect at the position of an Item.

You can then use an Item Indexer to link the Item and the Special Effect together:
  • Set Variable Item = (Some item)
  • Set Variable Point = (Position of Item)
  • Set Variable Item_Glow[(Custom value of Item)] = (Last created special effect)
Which makes destroying the Special Effect later on as simple as this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Variable Item = (Item being manipulated)
    • Special Effect - Destroy Item_Glow[(Custom value of Item)]
Then when a unit Loses an item you can repeat this process and create the Special Effect again. Just remember to check if the lost item actually exists, since it may have been sold to a shop and removed from the game permanently.
Thanks, I'll try that.