• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item Table Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I was making items for my map, and when I created item tables for my creeps, I realized that the minimum value is 1. I know a lot of other maps have tons of items, but the chance of getting them is way less than the number of items you can get. I know you can use a trigger to esaily, but time consumingly make artificial item tables, but is there a way to reduce the chance of getting an item from an item table to below 1%?

As well, I have another question concerning item tables. My map has creeps, and the creeps have custom item tables from the map, but when my creeps die I create a new unit of the same unit type of the dying unit, so the item table the original unit had on it is removed. I was wondering if there is a way to revive the unit (they're non heros) and/or preserve the item table (almost anything I ask can be solved with triggers, and this can be to, but my trigger method is too time consuming).

Thx for any help :p.

Level 6
low-life said:
Chance below 1%: only script-wise
In-game created creeps dropping items: only script-wise
So I have to learn JASS? or is there a simple way of doing it. Or maybe you/someone else could send me one of your custom item scripts and I could edit it.
I could make a trigger :
Melee Init:
Set ItemTableItem[1] = Boots of speed
Set ItemTableItem[2] = Amulet of Wtvr
... (Array is 300, only use 100 of the slots, make items that you want to be more common have more array numbers)

Events : A unit dies
Conditions : Unittype of dying unit = Troll
Actions :
Create ItemTableItem[RandomNumber from 1 - 300]

This is only a rough copy and I really don't want to make one of these for every single creeptype in my game with 300 arrays that I have to set, so if someone could plz send me a script which I could edit the items so that there is a less than 1% chance of getting certain items that would be great, and it would also be great if some1 could send me a sccript that could give my newly respawned creeps item tables.
Again, thx for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.