• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item System Level Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I made an Item System which increases the ability when you buy an item. Example: I buy the Shield and get the armor ability Level 1, Buy shield again -> I get Shield Item Level 2 and armor ability is increased to level 2.

But when I do this with the agi,int,str,mana and lifepoints ability (all item abilities) they increase correctly -> so on level 5 item i got level 5 ability, but the effect only counts for level 1. So i have the ability on level 5, but only the effect of level 1.

Anyone knows the problem or a solution?

Don´t want to use BonusMod, because WEX Editor has no Object Merger.

I checked the ability levels after the trigger and they showed the correct level.
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "Mana" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A04D')))​
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "Leben" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A07S')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "ManaReg" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A04C')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "LebenReg" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A00X')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "AS" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'I00X')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "DMG" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A07P')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "Armor" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A04G')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "AGI" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A013')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "INT" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A010')))
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "STR" + I2S(GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A00Z')))

Level 39
If you read enough about BonusMod to be able to say you don't want to use it because objectmerger (it can be edited/recompiled to work in WEX, fwiw, but that is another story), I'm surprised you didn't read why BonusMod was able to work at all. Those abilities are bugged and do not add the stats for any level except level 1 when you increase the level of the abilities. When you remove them they will remove the stats they should have given at the level they were at that time, but they do not grant them properly. There is no way around this short of using mutiple abilities or changing the units' stats through triggers instead of abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.