• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item sets don't drop items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Heya, i have a little problem, i made a few custom items just with normal stat bonusses and i click on the unit to drop it i make dropchance 100% i click on ok (in the editor) and then it shows this:

Item Set 1 (Total Chance: 100%)
100% - Group: Unknown

i thought this was just a minor bug but the item wont drop either
the item is droppable
the item is based on boots of quelthalas but instead gives 3 agility, 1 armor, and increased movement speed.

Any1 can help me?

It doesn't. Well, just press your "Prt sc" button on your keyboard, then go to Paint and Edit (or right-click) -> Paste [you might need to crop the image, depending on the area you want to focus on]. Then, when you reply, go to "Go Advanced" [the right button of the Quick Reply panel] and "Add Attachments to this post" button. Find the location of your file and upload it. Once it's done, the new message will contain the file as an attachment.

Level 5
like this? :eek:

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 309
Level 5
Item tables? :eek: i dont use any... i just do it like yu see it there, unless yur reffering to something else.

EDIT: oh wait i do use item tables *palm self* but i still dont get it

wait you mean this?

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 161
Level 5
anyway gotta go now so ill check again here tommorrow :)

Edit1: oh yes i did

Edit2: i clicked 'new set' then 'new item' then i selected my item and that appeared

Edit3: but my mum is gonna go crazy if i dont go down now... so im gone unless yu got another quick post in the next 10 sec :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
That's because you are being non-specific.
You can either choose one item with Specific or you can go to Random and make it drop a random item from a select set.

Example:
If you make it Random -> Lvl 2 - Power Up, then there is a 100% chance that a tome will drop.
If you make it Random -> Lvl 3 - Permanent, then there is a 100% chance an item that is lvl 3 from that category will drop.

If you just want one specific item to drop you have to click on it when you're in specific.

However if you want more than one item to drop, then you have to make separate sets.

EDIT: Some additional information here, if you want more than one item in a set to drop say:
In one set you want either a Circlet of Nobility or Boots of Speed to drop, then you have to put them in the same set specifically but there will be a 50% chance that either one of them can drop.

I hope this helped :)

Level 17
Then what is the problem?
Go to Items Dropped -> Use Custom Item Table -> Create New Set -> New Item -> Find the item you want, select it and press 'OK.'
Then it should say 'Item Set 1 (Total Chance 100%)' with your item below it.

:/

Is the problem in the Object Editor then?
Can I get a screenshot of one of your malfunctioning items from there?

Level 17
I honestly have no idea what you are doing wrong.
._.

The concept of doing this couldn't be anymore simple.
Find the item, click it in 'specific' and hit OK.
:/

Level 5
hmmm well i discovered that its only 1 item at a time that is bugged and as long as i have 1 item thet is bugged no other items bugg,
only if i delete the bugged item and i create a new item then the newly created item will be bugged
so i just have an item thats bugged in my list now... i can live with that :wink:

Edit: Here yu go :)

Attachments

• The Simulation.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.