• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Button Clicked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
I'm not familiar with that event and can't really find anything online. Can anyone elaborate? It seems, uhh, very useful if it does what it implies.

The trigger for an item would probably be the same, just using the item's activateable ability and the order associated with that ability. I'm not speaking from experience, though.

So no-one found a solution?
Nope.
The one suggested by HerlySQR is what I'd experiment with.
I have one other idea. That is having 1 "instant cast" ability, that you look for being cast to do you trigger (whatever it is), then remove from the item then add the "targeted cast" ability to it and "click" on it (or some how get up the target unit/location). It's messy, but maybe works...

You mean that if the spell was added by trigger to the item maybe it can trigger the event?
I mean first you check for "dummy (instant)", when that triggers, you have "clicked the item". Then you need to switch it to "actual ability (targeted)".
There are 3 potential problems with this:
  1. cooldown might get messed up.
  2. It might not be possible to swap actives on items. (delete one, add another one)
  3. You need to get (targeted) ability in "targeting mode" via triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.