• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Item Ability - Tranquility

Level 8
Hey, i dont know how to sort this Topic but the Title says it all. I just need a permanent Item that has the Ability to Channel Tranquility.
I dont know why it doesnt work when i tried it. seems so easy.
I changed the Stat of my Custom Tranquility to ''Item Ability''
I gave that ability to a permanent Item but ingame - when clicked - nothing happens.

Maybe theres something about the Tranquility spell. can someone look into that ?

Level 21
Hey, i dont know how to sort this Topic but the Title says it all. I just need a permanent Item that has the Ability to Channel Tranquility.
I dont know why it doesnt work when i tried it. seems so easy.
I changed the Stat of my Custom Tranquility to ''Item Ability''
I gave that ability to a permanent Item but ingame - when clicked - nothing happens.

Maybe theres something about the Tranquility spell. can someone look into that ?

What item did you give it to? It's good for you to give us all the info you can.

Level 8
I gave the custom Ability made of Tranquility to a consumable item (I need it as a consumable) so i took the Healing Potion Item
I deleted the former ability from the Healing Potion and added the custom Tranquility spell to it.

didnt work ingame.

Can someone maybe try giving Tranquility to an Item ? it really doesnt matter which item to me aslong as its consumable.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I gave the custom Ability made of Tranquility to a consumable item (I need it as a consumable) so i took the Healing Potion Item
I deleted the former ability from the Healing Potion and added the custom Tranquility spell to it.

didnt work ingame.

Can someone maybe try giving Tranquility to an Item ? it really doesnt matter which item to me aslong as its consumable.
Consumable as in it disappears after using it? Sounds like that would immediately cancel the spell since the Item is now gone. Or maybe channeling skills straight up don't work with items. There's triggered solutions if you can't get it to work.

If you can get it to work on something like Kelen's Dagger (replace Blink with Tranquility) then we know it's because of the consuming.

Last edited:
Level 8
I think you're right with the consumable i need it to disappear after using it.
changing the Item Ability from Kelen's dagger doesnt work either so it seems like you cant give channeled spells to Items at all?

So i guess i need to trigger it somehow mmmmh

Level 21
I think you're right with the consumable i need it to disappear after using it.
changing the Item Ability from Kelen's dagger doesnt work either so it seems like you cant give channeled spells to Items at all?

So i guess i need to trigger it somehow mmmmh
Hm I think so too! There's no channeled items in the game as far as I can tell.
But you can easily trigger it. Add tranquility to the hero and order him to cast it and also hide the UI of the ability so it doesn't show up in the abilities' section on the bottom right.
As easy as pie!

I would assume that the event would be: Game - Ability Button Pressed; but ask Uncle just in case since :D

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I will try that thanks but how do i hide the Ui of the ability so it doesnt appear ingame ?
Here are the triggers:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit uses an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of Tranquility
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Tranquility (Item) to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - For (Triggering unit), Ability Tranquility (Item), Hide ability: True
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Tranquility.
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tranquility (Item)
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from (Triggering unit)
The item itself should have some fake ability that only serves to drain mana and handle the global cooldown. Fan of Knives with Targets Allowed set to None comes to mind.

Like others said, you can hide the icon of any Ability in the Object Editor by setting the Art - Button position to X:0, Y:-11. However, you can also hide it using triggers like I'm doing in my first trigger. Pick either one.

Note that this suffers from two minor issues that normal item abilities wouldn't:
1) It uses the unit's Cast Point, delaying the effects.
2) It can be silenced and cancelled as a result.

Nothing game breaking though - as far as I know.

Last edited: