• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Issues using Lua extension with ObjectMerger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I am following the Lua Object Generation guide posted by PurgeandFire and trying to get it working but triggers in Lua aren't working at all for some reason. I am able to use the normal ObjectMerger syntax just fine to create objects, but the Lua extension isn't working. I'm using this just to get started to see how it works in action.

This is the trigger:
JASS:
//! externalblock extension=lua ObjectMerger $FILENAME$
    //! i setobjecttype("abilities")
    //! i createobject("Amls","A001")
    //! i makechange(current,"anam","Fire")
    //! i makechange(current,"aart","ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNAntiMagicShell.blp")
    //! i makechange(current,"atar","1","Air,Enemy,Organic,Neutral")
    //! i makechange(current,"amcs","1","15")
//! endexternalblock

Using:
JNPG5d
Warcraft III 1.21b

I only managed to get one JNPG5d install to work on Warcraft 1.21b, not sure if this is restricting Lua but it seems to all be there. Also I saw mention that possibly the Lua extension only works on x86/32 bit systems? Is this true? I am running the x86 binaries.

The other JNPG packs I try I get several pjass.exe - blizzard.j error:
1616758925948.png

Thanks for any help,
-Kate

Edit(Solved): Apparently the lower versions are exactly the issue. I managed to get a working JNPG5f install with Warcraft 1.24.4 and now both issues are solved. Feel free to delete this because I cant, or leave it if you think it will help someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.