1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Island Defense TR V 0.04 Beta

Submitted by froggyllamma
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Builders: Pick a builder out of one of the two ships,make a base later in the game when u have enough lumber and gold to protect your self from the evil titan and eventualy kill the titan!
Titan: Pick a hero out of the dimensional gate and kill the builders! Any builders you kill will become one of your minions.

Overall:
There are quest you can do to get gold not just going to the titans gold mound.
New terrain (it will be updated after we sort out the bugs and glitches)
New Builders and Titans
New Items
Contents

Island Defense TR V 0.04 Beta (Map)

Reviews
13:27, 25th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: I've played this map several times on Battle net, you've clearly stolen and edited it! Next time you will get banned! Rejected.
  1. 13:27, 25th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
    I've played this map several times on Battle net, you've clearly stolen and edited it! Next time you will get banned! Rejected.

2. froggyllamma

froggyllamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow i didnt steal anything u can ask kirbydude13 we both made it from scratch

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  3. froggyllamma

froggyllamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    o yea 1 more thing post any bugs/sugjestions here at the hive or email me at froggy_llamma@yahoo.com

(my new acc is DarKBLaDe878)

4. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First of all: Do not double post, there is an "Edit" button.

Review:

Mode: Single Player
    Races: Undead, Dragon, Murloc, Kirby

General

General:
    • A lot of typo's
    • Contradictory text ("For professionals, ..., relatively easy race" - for professionals, but easy?)
    • Description in game is very good, but it's really bad at the hive, it makes me don't want to download it.
    • Some tower descriptions missing
    • Combination Triggers are very poor (see below for further information)
    • There is no 'warning' that the triggers are blocked in the description.

Gameplay:
    • The votekick system isn't good: the votes aren't based on the amount of players.
      I always use 1 vote more than half of the players.
      Only red can activate it, other players should also be able to activate the command.
    • The quests added some fun in the game
    • A lot of races to choose from.
    • Items can be randomly spawned at unreachable places.

Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
    • Bad terrain: the tree's have been stacked (If it is to prevent the titan from entering a camp through trees, you've also failed there...)
    • The Volcano was (in my opinion) really bad.. the spammed fire and the red tiles were just too fake.
    • Very unnatural terrain

Objects:
    • The BloodStone is a bad reward, I wouldn't wear it, even in hit 'n run strikes.
    • Good variety of upgrades
    • As said before: almost all descriptions needs improvement.
    • The meat wagon doesn't have a splash attack and therefore it's very hard to hit the target.
    • Lack of custom spells
    • Most heroes have the same spells (e.g.: mana burn), some only have 2 spells
    • Some spells needs an upgrade, which isn't available.

Overall

This map is far from finished, containing some good things, but the lack of proper english, the missing basics (like missing upgrades for spells) and the bad descriptions decrease the fun of the map by a lot.
    I want to play this game again... but only when it's finished, right now I don't.

Work on your english, fix the descriptions, fix the combination trigger, (check your map for leaks), fix the upgrades, redo the terrain so it looks more realistic and this map might become good.

Rating: 2/5
    Vote for approval

I've voted for approval, because you can play the map without too much problems.

Combination System

The 'collecting'-trigger is badly done: I had everything I needed, but I still didn't get the item, I placed them in the correct order (as said in the quest), still nothing.
    Eventually, I had to drop all the items and pick them up in the correct order to finish the quest.
    If you pick them up in random order, it won't combine.

You'd better fix this, since it is a very bad flaw in the game.

5. froggyllamma

froggyllamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    ty for the bugs/improvments/etc. ap0calyse like i said befor its only a beta ver and is far from finished and im really sorry for my bad spelling and the dragoon race was just put in yesterday and ill fix the things i can tomarrow ^.^

6. jadegolem

jadegolem

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dunt like it. too many island defense copies/remakes/concept ideas. you dont want to get flamed by BodyHammer do you?(o_o) but still, good job.

7. froggyllamma

froggyllamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    jadegolem thats a shame i made this with my friend to help people who are board of the old island defense and want somthing new to play and i hope u reconsider later when the game has less problems ^.^

8. Khaine

Khaine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It have to be rejected!
    This map has been stolen(copied)!

The real official version can you find here Island Defense - Index

9. froggyllamma

froggyllamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    me and my friend made this for people who r tired of the old island defense and alot of people like this map. so if u think its stolen then thats sad dude i mean really there r hundrds of island defense games but if u wanna be a jerk w/e