• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I hate how warcraft can only let you control 12 units at a time. I was thinking is it possible to have a squad system like Company of Heroes. For example is, a squad would take up 1 unit space, but inside the squad would hold, 9 grunts. But to control all the grunts you would just click the squad symbol.

Level 1
Well, it should be possible.
But it would be rather complicated to code I guess
I was thinking the same thing, It would sound possible, but also probably would take a lot in coding. I would give a go myself, but I don't know JASS. Only C++.

Level 3
Use unit groups, one for every different squad, and register all squad units inside them. Make units named "Squad 1...number of squads" and make them so that they cant move and you can also hide them. When you order something to one of these units pass this order to all the units you have in the unit groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.