• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this Condition possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey all :D

i wanna make a system to attach weapons, armors, and so on to units whenever an item is picked up.

so thats easy...now the thing i wanna do to make the system easier and shorter...

is it possible somehow to check whether the MODEL is equal to model/path/something like that as conditon??

that would make it much easier for me XD

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

Level 9
that wasnt my problem ^^

i wanna attach the models just to one kind of hero model and i wanna know if its possible to check whether the model of the unit picking up the item is equal to that model.

Level 9
i dont care whether its GUI or jass as long as im able to compare the path of the unit picking up the item with a preset path.

@ defskull :

nearly ;D
it should be like this :
HeroModelPathOfHeroPickingUpTheItem == PresetModelPath

the biggest problem i have with this condition is to get the model path of a unit picking up an item.

Level 9
ok im very confused Why do you Want to check the model path of the hero instead of the unit type of the hero What are you going to use that hero model path for?

i use that model for nearly all my heroes because the heroes just differ in spells and stats. the look itself is defined through the items you wear.

so it would be much easier and less work if it would be possible to compare the model path instead of the unit type....you understand? ;D

You can use a hashtable for initial saving.

so you mean i should preset the model paths to the unit types in a hash before?

that would be doubled work.

Status
Not open for further replies.