• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

IS there any simplier way to make creeps respawn???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok im making an AoS style map, from scratch and i was wondering (and hoping) there is an easier way to make my creeps respawn with out making individual regions and triggers for each creep camp?

also can anyone give me some advice as to making a multiboard as indepth as the DotA- Allstars one?

-also can anyone tell me how to trigger a respawn delay based on hero level and how to make the text appear on the screen in the colors of the players which died/killed ??

thanks heaps

Level 3
for the first question, no it is not possible to not using triggers and regions if you want exact spawning, What you Can do, is for example:

event: XX(creeps)players food becomes <= 0
conditions: whatever
actions:
-create XX creeps in XX region AND order units to move to XX region
- create XX creeps in XX2 region AND order units to move to XX2 region

it wont shave off alot of triggers but it should do some.

and for the hero trigger:

event: hero gains a lvl
conditions: whatever
actions: Set variable XX( integer or array i guess) +1

event: unit dies
conditons: whatever
actions:

wait XX x 10 then revive XXhero

so you only got one trigger for multiple spawning across multiple creepcamps, but nothing more.

Level 4
You could make your own custom unit (it could be invisible) and make a trigger that spawns units next to the custom unit until there are a certain # of creeps nearby.

That way you can just put the custom unit on the map where ever you want creeps to be.

Level 8
I suppose you could give your buildings modified Pocket Factory abilities that make them spawn units every set interval, and a Rally ability with the rally point set to the enemy base, but that'd be really sloppy, and it's not likely to work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.