• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there an IP address generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is there a software like that? For example...

I typed 10.200.x.x as IP ranges to be generated, "x" represents all number from 0-255... I want the data to be generated like this:

10.200.(0-255).(0-255)

In that case, lots of IP address can be generated (much better if it is in .txt format), INDIVIDUALLY..

I need it for my VPN configurations, thank you...

Level 9
Here you go.

How I did it:
I made a python Script >:D

If you want each IP address in a different Text file just ask

Hmmm. If I give you each IP address in a seperate txt file it is 7.41 MB

Ohhh! Thanks for this!

Offtopic:
Is there such thing as an upload manager? Especially for mediafire?

Like IDM but it supports uploading task?..

I'm having hard time uploading files with my 0.3Mbps upstream speed and broken uploads...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is far more efficient to store them and use them when they are in a binary file. That way each IP address would be exactly 4 bytes (seeing as you are using 32bit IP) instead of between 8 and 16 bytes. This would yield a size saving of over 50% and allow your program to more efficiently read the values (seeing as how they have to be converted to binary for the IPs to be resolved).

Come to think of it, it would be even easier to generate them then. 10.200.(0-255).(0-255) translates to a single number range.

Hmmm. If I give you each IP address in a seperate txt file it is 7.41 MB
This is probably due to block size. You are allowed to store atmost 1 file per block, even if that file is 1 byte in size (0 byte files do not get allocated a block I think). Abstracting the actual storage implimentation from the file system using an archive file can reduce storage wastage as the archive is treated as a single file on disc and can internally use a smaller block size or even no block size to reduce bloat. Do not forget that files require some form of identification which takes up extra space in archives.

I need it for my VPN configurations, thank you...
Why are you setting up a VPN yet do not know how to make a simple script or program to generate some files with IP addresses? A java program to do this could not take more than 15 minutes to make.

Level 11
Isn't it sort of... unethical to create IPs when IANA,etc. are trying so hard on creating them for you?...(IP road to you: IANA,etc.(Generates IPs) - Continent ISPs - Metropolitan ISPs(.gr,.us,etc.) - Local ISPs(Your ISP) - You)
Anyway...

Eh...
You cannot "create" IPs, and the road you describe doesn't quite work that way. He was asking about "generating IP addresses", as in "generate a sequence of numbers from 0 to 100".

Also, this:

scaled.php

Status
Not open for further replies.