• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

is my edited model skinned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greetings! Thank you for taking time to read my questions.

I think I edited the gray rock chunk model (found in object editor under Destructibles > Standard Destructibles > Trees/Destructibles > Rock Chunks (2nd in the list) (variation 2) to give it 2 attachment points. The model I edited was Doodads > Terrain > G_RockChunks > G_RockChunks1.mdx. However, my model looks less detailed, so I'm thinking the skin is missing. I used Warcraft3Viewer, and it says that the currently loaded textures are:

Textures\UndergroundNatural.blp
Textures\RockParticle.blp
ReplaceableTextures\Weather\Clouds8x8.blp

Are those the skins or is the skin different and missing? If it is missing, I'm not sure how to get the skins on my version. I think one way might be to replace the default model with mine. If that's true, How do I do that?

Also, how would I do it without replacing the default model?

Thanks again for reading, and thank you for any help.

Level 4
Does anyone know how to use Warcraft 3 Viewer to browse the War3x.mpq files? I can just see the War3.mpq ones.

(BTW I figured out what was wrong. The model I was using was from War3.mpq (/Doodads/Terrain/G_RockChunks). The lordaeron rock chunk doodad is from War3x.mpq (/Doodads/LordaeronSummer/Terrain/LordaeronRockChunks). I had thought that you could browse War3.mpq and War3x.mpq and they were the same models. The models do look almost the same, too. I don't have to do anything with the skins unless I'm replacing them, I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.